Smite on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IIRozenII

08-19-2012

Could you remove it?

Orphane

08-19-2012

B-b-b-but I run it on Nunu bot when I have to kill minions REALLY FAST!

IIRozenII

08-19-2012

Get an aoe mage = profit.

lbgsloan

08-20-2012

Should probably remove Clarity and CV while they're at it. Picking Flash should cause a warning box to appear for new players telling them this is not SR/TT and Flash is not required on every champion.

Tortferngatr

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Should probably remove Clarity and CV while they're at it. And Flash, but SR players trying Dominion might panic too much.
Clairvoyance, Flash, and even Clarity have niche uses--Clairvoyance in particular, because it can allow you to counterbuild the opponent/act as a long-range Hextech Sweeper active. Flash is good on Alistar. Clarity should stay because it's a noob crutch, and because it also might have a use on Anivia.

Smite is pretty much worthless on a map with no neutral creep objectives to control.

Mango027

08-20-2012

pushing a lane quickly and that extra 10 gold every 70 seconds is also something to consider

lbgsloan

08-20-2012

Flash does have rare uses on certain tanks, but it's a mostly a trap on Dominion. Revive is the ultimate defensive summoner on Dominion, and Ghost has far better overall utility. Cleanse counterspells Exhaust and Ignite, and Heal can be pretty strong in early fights. I'd argue even Exhaust is a better 'escape' spell than Flash on Dominion. For every Dominion player who makes good use of Flash, there's at least 20 inexperienced players who take it without thinking.

I'll take your word on CV, but I've never seen anyone run it except with clarity as a troll/dodge attempt.

Volandum

08-20-2012

Clairvoyance is really strong.

I've actually seen a Smite Nunu destroy a Garrison Nunu in lane.

Melvear

08-20-2012

Flash can be useful on ranged champions as well. Clarity however, should not see any use by anyone, even crazy mana spenders. Chalice/grail covers casters nicely, and melee hardly ever lack mana, and many of them benefit from getting FH anyway, which should be enough to cover any problems they might have with mana.
As for smite... I can't say I see a point in taking it over promote as a pushing spell. I certainly wouldn't miss it if it was gone.

SCIENCE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

Let's not forget you spell vamp off smite's true damage. With the mastery (since you'd already have for revive ) you'd get gold 10 free gold per minute-ish, free pushing and vamp if you had the masteries, quints or items. Just a thought. It's situationally/trolly good vs AD Malz bot as you can smite the voidlings. I'm having a hard time trying to come up with a situation that I'd actually take it over another summoner though...