Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Remake] LeBlanc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mistermoo

08-19-2012

I think LeBlanc was the first truly disappointing champion for me. There was so much potential when she was revealed as "the deceiver" for another tricksy champion like Shaco but it seems that potential gave way to a generic nuker/escape skillset for whatever reason. Yorick redesign here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2491969

Element of Surprise (passive) - After not taking damage for 10 seconds, LeBlanc gains bonus AP.
Sigil of Silence (Q) - LeBlanc sends out an orb which deals damage (+AP) and silences. If LeBlanc uses this ability from while disguised, it will deal bonus damage (+AP).
Mirror Image (W) - LeBlanc teleports to a target location and creates a controllable mirror image of herself at her original location which deals no damage and lasts 8 seconds. Within 4 seconds of using this ability LeBlanc can seamlessly switch places with her mirror image. This ability does not break disguise and the mirror image will appear as LeBlanc appears.
Bewilder (E) - LeBlanc emits a cone of colors, dealing damage (+AP) and blinding. If LeBlanc uses this ability from disguise, the cone's range is increased.
Disguise (R) - LeBlanc takes the form of an allied champion, copying all visual characteristics of the target for 40 seconds or until she uses an attack or ability. An ability used from disguise will have its cooldown halved. 50/40/30 second cooldown.

Notes: LeBlanc now has much less nuking potential and no way to CC her target. However, reacting to a LeBlanc is now much more difficult given her silence, blind, and escape ability.

Her ultimate is now character defining, as it lasts 40 seconds and is on a short cooldown, effectively allowing her to be disguised as an allied champion at almost all times. A newer player would use this ability for the bonus damage on her Q. An experience player would use it to disguise as a priority target such as an AD carry to attract attention and then use Mirror Image to escape that attention, finishing with a boosted Sigil or Bewilder.

Mirror Image is a unique ability in that it does no damage It serves a similar function to her Distortion ability now, except it creates a lot of confusion and makes chasing a LeBlanc extremely difficult.

LeBlanc now fills a niche of a moderately strong nuker who lanes safely and transitions into a supportive role by way of disguise. Overall this LeBlanc design is a lot more focused on deception and trickery and less in the way of "Bam you're dead." Her design is a lot like Shaco in that she has various ways to evade death and confuse the enemy, but overall she is weak in head-on engagements and weak to pushing strategies.

ArcticSirius

08-19-2012

idk, imo shes already good as it is. if you were having trouble using her, its most likely to her huge difficulty level.

ItemsGuy

08-19-2012

Quote:
ArcticSirius:
idk, imo shes already good as it is. if you were having trouble using her, its most likely to her huge difficulty level.

I don't think he's saying "LeBlanc is a difficult champion," I think he's saying "she isn't a very well-designed champion." Her skillset has huge dissonance with everything else about her (ie. "The Deceiver&quot, and is more or less just a generic magic damage nuke/utility kit (ie. Ryze, Veigar, Xerath, pretty much every other mage). With this redesign, LeBlanc is now truly a deceptive champion, trading on-paper damage output for a huge psychological advantage over her opponents.

Much like a Spy in TF2, your playstyle is very involved in terms of taking the human nature of your enemies into account, and taking advantage of your psychological leverage over them. It would be unique and iconic, which most LoL champs really lacking in (almost every champ is a case of "associate these abilities with this tiny 3D model because you have to&quot, and more memorable than "another mage with nukes and CC."

Kudos to you, mistermoo. I'm glad to have you on the CC subforum.

LightningAcorns

08-19-2012

Quote:
ArcticSirius:

But that's wrong. LeBlanc's current kit is revolved around her early game being "WHERE'S ALL YOUR HEALTH, PUNK" in less than a second because she's a pub counter to common mages. Then she falls off past the 20 minute mark and does nothing more than do a nuke to a single Champion and run away without really killing them because they have MR now. That doesn't really constitute a Trickster sort of Champion in any sense other than blinking all over the place and a mediocre passive that never works because people always go after the runner (why no one controls the clone to run away and let them chase it is beyond me). What this guy did was re-invent a character that was to fulfill a trickster mage role better than what Riot "tried" to do with LeBlanc originally. LeBlanc, in and out, is a horrible design that doesn't make you feel like you're tricking your opponents as well as Shaco, but rather just "See that guy? He's dead." Proper character design is focused on fulfilling a specific theme with its appearance, spells, and mechanics. Rengar is a perfect example of a perfect Champion.

ItemsGuy

08-21-2012

Bumping because more people should see this.

Síxpool

08-24-2012

Interesting,

But I'm not sure in would like to see such a significant change to LeBlanc, her current kit is so much fun and this would be totally different.

I do think she needs a look at though to try and make her late game better, maybe a buff to the range and stun duration of ethereal chains as it levels.

I really like your idea for (W) though, that seems like more fun than distortion, but I would keep the existing (R). Mimic is LeBlanc’s hook and what gives her so much versatility in the mid game.

If she were to receive a rework in this way, why not put "Disguise" as the passive,

"Disguise" (Passive) - Leblanc takes the form of the most recently killed enemy champion until they respawn.

Thereby the passive gets better as the game goes on, and is just as useless as her current passive, unless enemy towers were fooled.
Putting an ability like that as her ult would be a waste as it will never fool a average player or even a somewhat organised team.

Plus Mimic combined with "Mirror Image (W)" as you have proposed would mean two decoys, which would be awesome.

Chamenas

08-24-2012

LeBlanc is hugely deceiving already. One second she's farming minions in the back, the next she's in your face doing damage, and then, after that, she's farming minions in the back again. It's very deceptive, very flavorful. Sorry, I just don't see the need for a remake.

ItemsGuy

08-24-2012

Quote:
Chamenas:
LeBlanc is hugely deceiving already. One second she's farming minions in the back, the next she's in your face doing damage, and then, after that, she's farming minions in the back again. It's very deceptive, very flavorful. Sorry, I just don't see the need for a remake.

That's not deceptive, that's what every mid that can gank does.

The only thing vaguely "deceptive" about her current kit is her innate, and even that is utter ****e. Otherwise, she's just "a bunch of damaging spells and some utility." Just because you like bringing squishy mids to 40% HP every time your ult is up and then becoming irrelevant once 25 minutes roll by, doesn't mean that she's not poorly designed and in great need of a full rework.

Forfrost

08-24-2012

I do absolutely love this idea you have here. Just to clarify though, when under an allied champion's Disguise, the in-game targetting would disguise your items as well, right? Otherwise, people could easily just click on people to see whether or not your items match up with your disguise. I imagine you would, but it might be a good idea to clarify that.

I think the only concern I would have with this kind of a remake is that it looks like it would transition her into a support role as opposed to an AP Carry. This kind of skill sets boasts a kill-lane support role for LeBlanc, because what you propose as her play style isn't "carrying." You've given her two forms of CC, an ultimate that makes figuring out your bot lane target an absolute nightmare, and a playstyle that encourages kiting and deception (as she very well should), but in a manner that seems like less of an assassin role and more of a confusion technique to buy your AD carry even more time. Let me be clear that I would absolutely love to play this kind of LeBlanc as a support, but I think it would take away from her intended role.

Chamenas

08-24-2012

Quote:
ItemsGuy:
That's not deceptive, that's what every mid that can gank does.

The only thing vaguely "deceptive" about her current kit is her innate, and even that is utter ****e. Otherwise, she's just "a bunch of damaging spells and some utility." Just because you like bringing squishy mids to 40% HP every time your ult is up and then becoming irrelevant once 25 minutes roll by, doesn't mean that she's not poorly designed and in great need of a full rework.

To be clear, I'm not saying the idea is bad. It's just not necessary. And you can have your opinion, but I disagree with it. It's hugely deceptive, because, in theory, you don't know where a LeBlanc is going to be. You may not find it deceptive, but I do. She fits perfectly with her theme to me. The only reason I'm posting this is just because I found there was a lot of consensus around one opinion in this thread as if it were fact. It's not fact, it's an opinion, and not everyone agrees :-/