Trouble against Lulu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weretiger Rei

08-19-2012

Hi guys, I play AD and Support (Ezreal and Leona respectively) and every time I run across an enemy lulu in either position, I usually end up losing my lane just because she can do stupid burst early on (And silence and knockup at 6+).

The slows and silence stop leona, the silence and knockup saves their carry at range.

I'm not quite sure how to deal with it. I usually bring ignite to fight against healers, but that does nothing against Lulu as she uses shields and her ult isn't actually a heal (?)

Thoughts? Recommendations?

AlphariusRising

08-19-2012

Try running heal on either of those champions. Leona likes it because she has no in-lane sustain and is a tank, AD carries like it because they can get heal bait and win all-ins easier.

KnightxSScarlett

08-19-2012

You need to play balls to the wall against Lulu. Either that or just play a sustain game.

Sam Is Whoa

08-20-2012

She has high cooldowns early. Bait out some spells if you wanna go in. Then get at them when her spells are on cd. She also has no real escape so if you zone her away from her carry she is done.

Glitter Gem

08-20-2012

As a guy who started playing Lulu the supportdle. She scales with time much better than the other supports I have played. She does have some long cool downs but they have devastating effects. The best way to beat a Lulu in lane is to get the lane on lock in your favor before she is level 6. As a guy said, balls to the wall. It indeed is a good way to shut down a Lulu.

SecretlyATurtle

08-21-2012

I play a bit of Lulu support and these guys basically have it down. Pre-6 Lulu is not great. She has no heal, long CDs and is incredibly mana-hungry and slow. If you can get an early advantage against her, it will prove very helpful. She has a very poor early game but is capable of outscaling most other supports if left unchecked. As far as champs go, blitz does well before Lulu hits 6, but is less useful after. Taric can do well by basically immune to her poke with his healing and tankiness and his single target stun. For ADCs, take one with a good early game like Graves or Caitlyn. A good lane is Taric/Graves (but when is this not a good lane?) as the pre-6 kill potential is massive. Ezreal should be able to do well provided you don't let Lulu get brush control.