Questions for Pro WW players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonMontana

05-23-2012

Hey guys, first of all here is how I usually build WW (jungle, ganker).

Wriggles, Level 2 Boots, Wit's End, Spirit Visage, Glacial into Frozen Heart, Frozen Mallet (unless I really need a high armor or MR item here).

I build this way because it increases WW's offense as well as defense simultaneously. In addition with the defensive masteries I have 38% CDR making my Q up less than every 4 seconds. I like SustainWick and I find I can 1v1 anyone with this build, and in team fights it helps me survive more than just initiating with R.

My questions are these: First which boots are better: Zerkers or Sorc. I usually take Zerkers simply because it increases my survivability (through life steal) while also increasing my damage. However BC WW is mostly magic damage I am thinking Sorc may actually net more damage (and thereby more life steal).

Second- I hear a lot of differing opinions on Spirit Visage in general. For me it provides everything I look for: HP, MR, CDR and a small amount of bonus lifesteal. However I am wondering if I would be better off maybe skipping SV, getting Lucid boots and just moving into Heart sooner.

Thanks in advance for any advice =)

Ebonclaw

05-23-2012

Most would probably say Sorc's. Personally, I think WW should be a very pushy champ, and will be doing a lot of tanking - thus, I usually get Treads on him.

Boomstick II

05-23-2012

I would recommend merc treads/ninja tabi over either of those. The more you can attack/the less damage you take means you will be surviving longer, which is the most important part to WW because he can easily wittle people down with his %hp Q and speed buff at low enemy HP.

I play him top lane so I skip spirit visage in favor of chalice, idk how useful SV would be as a jungler unless you need some quick MR maybe

Personally, I recommend playing him top lane though because you're almost guaranteed to win your lane (build chalice, spam Q) and you'll get to level 6 sooner, so you can go gank mid with your ult earlier than a jungle WW would be able to do so. Also, if you pack TP (I usually do) then you can TP to bot lane if they have a ward up and go for ganks there as well. All earlier than a jungle WW too

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

I would recommend playing warwick as top lane instead of in the jungle. He is king and has a large amount of sustain and other large things. Your build will vary depending on what kind of damage your lane opponent is doing.

Core: Wit's End, Phage -> Frozen Mallet, Bloodrazor if time

If against magic damage and/or a lot of cc:
Merc treads, chalice of harmony, and spirit visage are good choices.

If against AD:
Ninja tabi and Glacial Shroud -> frozen heart.

Enjoy pwning all the peeps up top, where da ww really belongs right now.

midillusion

05-24-2012

To be honest, the only items WW really needs is Wit's End and Frozen Heart. These are the core items and anything else is situation. I would only get Spirit Visage is you are really struggling in lane, which with the current state of the game, is unlikely, and even then, getting an early glacial shroud will usually solve your problems on that front.

As for boots, yes, Sorc boots will give more damage, but really, you want to be tankier as WW since chances are you will be focused at the very start of the fight when you ulti someone.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

I tend to skip spirit visage because it just isn't super efficient. As you mention you have several suboptimal boot choices after that.

So I take Ionic Boots, which along with Glaical Shroud/Heart maxes my CDR along with 5% CDR from defense by level 10ish.

Ill then grab a Negatron and sit on it for most of the game before upgrading to banshee. That plus Wits End gives me very high armor and magic resistance.

SC0TT

05-24-2012

Sorc boots, all the cool kids do.

No1EzrealQueefNA

08-19-2012

Build him tanky and carry your team, Randuins, Frozen heart, Warmogs, FON, Merc treads and wits end.

XxxLumberJackxxX

08-19-2012

Boots- Situational. Mobility, Mercs, Ninja, Zerkers all have a place.
Wits End- Against 98% of team comps. Sometimes Ionic Spark is a smidgen better.
Frost Mallet- 100%.

Early build-

Boots/Pots
Recurved Bow/Lifesteal
Phage
Upgrade Boots and Bow
Upgrade Phage

Get more Armor and Mr as necessary