Beginner's Guide to Ranked Games Part 2: Gameplay Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vortical42

11-12-2012

How about a list of suggested champs to buy before venturing into ranked? Obviously peoples tastes will differ but at least it will give them a starting point.

YurdleTheTurtle

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortical42 View Post
How about a list of suggested champs to buy before venturing into ranked? Obviously peoples tastes will differ but at least it will give them a starting point.
I'm thinking of putting in something like that. I don't want to bias players however - they need to learn that adaptation is the name of the game. That said I do have some easy, "safe" picks, and could put up some info on frequently banned/picked champions.

@SpiritSentient: Aww thanks!

Updated guide for pre-season 3! A great deal of changes have been made to the game and it's expected to go through a lot more as things settle. I've done my best to update the various parts.

Masteries section had a complete rehaul, lots of good info here. Runes are pretty similar although I mention that AD runes are now more valuable early game due to penetration rune nerfs. Spells are still the same, hopefully the community picks up on using other spells.

QRSx

12-17-2012

id also like to see suggested champions

YurdleTheTurtle

12-31-2012

Updated the guide (see the second post that starts with Runes) by adding in info about Crystalline Flask and Sightstone.

Basically these two are among the most gold efficient items in the game. Supports should always rush Sightstone in practically every match.

I'll work on the list of suggested champions another time.

Happy New Year!

YurdleTheTurtle

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortical42 View Post
Added this in. There is now a new "Suggested list of champions to use" section, starting with Jarvan IV. This guy is seriously a very strong jungle pick and yet rarely gets banned.

YurdleTheTurtle

11-30-2013

Ello everyone, just heads up I am slowly updating my guides for pre-S4. As with any new season big changes are occurring rapidly and things will be shifted around a lot.

AngryGyarados

2 Weeks Ago

Great stuff! Hit level 30 today, and while I still need to buy and practice with a few champions and runes, I'm excited to get into the big leagues!

Quick question, I've seen many, many deviations in metagame in higher tier games, especially in pro matches (top and bot lane switches, extended jungle leashes/roaming, and the like). Would it be a little crazy to send the ADC and support midlane, poking the enemy mid out of lane while gaining gold and EXP faster than they would in bot? You would lose top or bot, but using resilient champions like Ryze or Cho'gath could stave off the problem a little, and they could still tank if things go sour.