How to counter Nasus on top lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedLambs

08-19-2012

This is like the 2nd time I got crashed by Nasus.
I used Jarvan and Irelia, both failed.

In early game Nasus does not attack me at all, he just farm with his Q, if I poke him he will eventually get his health back through his passive and GP+10.

And if I chose to attack and suppress his farming the lane is going to be pushed, which their jungler (if not stupid) can gank me before the first recall which is the only chance I can buy wards.

And if I chose to farm peacefully without harassment Nasus can just farm up and kill me in mid game with his burst & sustain, especially a well farmed Nasus is so OP, plus his slow skill he can own anybody on ganks.

So in this way Nasus is the destroyer of any average melee bruiser.

What is the best way to counter him in lane?

Kelarm

08-19-2012

Just harass him. Nasus is extremely weak in lane. Q has a long cooldown at lower levels. When you see him running toward a low minion, smash him. He's going to lose the trade regardless becuase he's weak early, and probably the minioin too. Repeat.

YDemon

08-19-2012

just about every viable top lane counters him in lane, every one. if you cant do it, you are bad and should just improve your general skill for top solo. freeze lane and call for ganks/force exchange and get him below 20%, he die once and the lane is over

Nezbet

08-19-2012

Play Karma and shield low health minions, she blocked me farming Q on Nasus once, was pretty annoying.

mechawhat

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezbet View Post
Play Karma and shield low health minions, she blocked me farming Q on Nasus once, was pretty annoying.
This is a good way to troll your own team.

Thanks for the tip.

IS11da03ad289e3b

08-19-2012

There's your problem, you used Jarvan and Irelia vs him.

I'm a Nasus main and have played practically every top lane matchup with Nasus. The heroes you played simply can't harass him.

The way to beat Nasus is to deny him farm. You can harass him when he goes in for a minion hit, but be careful of ganks.

As to make Nasus useless altogether, freeze the lane just outside of your tower. Now it's impossible for him to stack up his Q.

Never take his tower. Because then he has the ability to freeze the lane in his inner tower while being completely safe from any ganks.

minhcam123456789

08-19-2012

You play jax.

Slaughtercopter

08-19-2012

Vlad.

Crits and Gravy

08-19-2012

Riven/

The One Soraka

08-19-2012

Soraka kills Nasus pretty handily.