Do you think the Tribunal is effective?

Yes (Please explain why) 347 65.72%
No (Please explain why) 181 34.28%
Voters: 528. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Do you think the Tribunal is effective?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ding an Sich

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnylicious View Post
In the mean time, I'm being banned.
1. How is this a reply to anything I said in any direct way shape or form?

2. Well while you are banned you get to look up those posts then don't you? Plenty of time right?

Waldgeist

08-20-2012

Quote:
Anyone in my shoes would retaliate.
Perhaps the most important step in reforming your behavior might be to research precisely how incorrect this assumption is.

For a start, try to take conscious notice of how many people type nothing at all, ever.

Donnylicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding an Sich View Post
Why would that by a hypocrisy? I'm not saying "don't talk back and be aggressive you little p.o.s", I'm trying to answer you question, give you the reason to my answer. That's all.

Also I will go to bed soon, but just so you know, this won't sway most forum posters, and it isn't a case Riot has to prove to you. You can literally look for some of the pendragon/lyte/Morello/(insert other reds) posts that talk about or go over with a player while replying aggressively is bad, will never be allowed, and what you should do.

Again for your benefit I'm just saying, a refusal to do whats right versus what you want has a good chance of getting you in trouble again, or making you jaded and mad over something that had an easy fix to begin with.
My point was you know very well, if you were called a **** in a game, you would retaliate, like most other people.

Donnylicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding an Sich View Post
1. How is this a reply to anything I said in any direct way shape or form?

2. Well while you are banned you get to look up those posts then don't you? Plenty of time right?
The comment was edited for clarification.

Donnylicious

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
Perhaps the most important step in reforming your behavior might be to research precisely how incorrect this assumption is.

For a start, try to take conscious notice of how many people type nothing at all, ever.
You've obviously don't play in games with 13 year olds, or rather people who act like they're 13.

Ding an Sich

08-20-2012

Quote:
My point was you know very well, if you were called a **** in a game, you would retaliate, like most other people.
Funny assumption. Nope. I had a game(dominion I recall?)I was forced bot, but I had no chance against heimer, and I kept barely holding lane, and a second team member would come down and kill me and cap it. Never received help, just warned my team a few times I'm close to being killed or they are coming to kill me.

It was the end of the game, a teemo was complaining about our whole team (he was last by the end of it I think?) and then started blaming me for everything and calling me bad. I simply typed back I tried, but I mentioned I probably didn't have a chance against heim, and often times after a team mate would rush bot with me, they would run off and not zone heimer which made capping even worse. Simply continued to call me bad, and I didn't respond. I think the only thing anyone said to him after that while he still complained was "give it up" or something.

Now can I say I can always be a saint? No. Sometimes if my sleeping pills are taking effect or just alot of matches have occurred and I am tired,my responses can be more direct and might mention a bad trait my accuser did. However: Do I continue to argue with them? Do I do it enough to be reported? No and no. I have yet to receive a warning for a single tribunal game. And while I can never say for certainty what will happen in the future, I can at least say that it is unlikely for me to be as bad in any degree as you were.

Anyway: TL;DR don't think I'm like you in any way shape or form.

Edit: Saw your edit. And yes this is my last post. Have a good night, fun games to you!

NecroticBinder

08-20-2012

Quote:
4) A large percentage of players actually never harass, flame, or use racist/bigotry/abusive language towards other players. Surprisingly, the average player in League of Legends doesn't use this kind of language so saying "it's the internet and everyone is bad" just isn't true.
You know, if you are going to try and claim everyone does something, you really should make sure there isn't something with more authority then yourself proving said claim wrong. At least we've come to the issue at hand, you are an immature person who lacks the self control to not respond to persons who anger you in game and feel the need to respond aggressively regardless of whether or not that is acceptable within the context of the game and feel the need to blame the system instead of actually reforming.

SimplyAlive

08-20-2012

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False-consensus_effect

I personally wouldn't retaliate. At most, I would ask players to calm down if they were being insultive over a certain time period.
Retaliating only puts fuel on the fire and doesn't solve anything.

Corngina

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False-consensus_effect

I personally wouldn't retaliate. At most, I would ask players to calm down if they were being insultive over a certain time period.
Retaliating only puts fuel on the fire and doesn't solve anything.
I guess being a kindergarten teacher / guidance counselor / politician is now mandated by the summoner's code.

SimplyAlive

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corngina View Post
I guess being a kindergarten teacher / guidance counselor / politician is now mandated by the summoner's code.
Nope. There is a big grey area between '******bag' and 'kindergarten teacher'.