nunu solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infallibane

08-18-2012

So i've been playing a lot of nunu lately and i've noticed a few solo top nunus... While he is admittedly strong in that roll I feel he is completely outclassed by almost any other typical solo top pick. He just shines as a support in my opinion and he is also a really solid jungle/support. So why would you play him as solo top?

mnun

08-18-2012

My friend plays him so he can nuke with his ulti, it's not like he does bad either.

Infallibane

08-18-2012

no he definitely doesn't do bad but that is just 1 very unreliable nuke >< i just feel he isn't very well suited for that roll. When i nunu ult it is more to slow the team then to nuke. Actually i don't build much AP so it is always for the slow!

ADC SENPAl

08-18-2012

He is in fact not strong as a solo top at all, and loses and becomes more useless as time goes on. There isn't a big difference between a Nunu with farm and a nunu support. His job is still the same, peel for the Carry, Blood boil your AD, and "E" the physical damage bruiser/carry who is trying to kill yours, or whoever is closest to your AD carry at the time. Nunu loses a lot of match ups top lane, and althoughhe has some safe lane match ups top with good sustain, he's not all that useful with farm like he would get in a top lane. You would rather want someone like an irelia or jax etc. However, of course he is a good champion and has the ability to win games at any level given the right circumstances. So if you enjoy playing Nunu solo top, play what you enjoy. Just know, it's very hard to carry or do much as a solo top nunu, compared to if you were to play a bruiser with insane snowball potential. (riven, jax, irelia, vlad, etc.)

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

What matchups does Nunu lose toplane? I've seen him played toplane not because a fed Nunu can carry the game, but because he can completely shut down a lot of other champions with his sustain and harass.

mnun

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infallibane View Post
no he definitely doesn't do bad but that is just 1 very unreliable nuke &gt;&lt; i just feel he isn't very well suited for that roll. When i nunu ult it is more to slow the team then to nuke. Actually i don't build much AP so it is always for the slow!
Well with me and another friend in a 3man premade, we make pretty good bait :3

Skilltestingman

08-19-2012

I'm going to play a few games as nunu top because I'm interested how he plays out against the typical solo tops.

Dorsia

08-19-2012

playing as nunu top your goal is to just zone, harass, and keep enemy top from gettiing any farm, and u can do that pretty easily. playing against one is about being able to safely last hit, or keep him under his tower since he's a poor farmer/last hitter.

that being said i've done nunu top several times, and almost always been able to keep the enemy top denied. problem is when it comes to mid/late game i'm just a nunu. i'd play ww top instead

Infallibane

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgivEnemy View Post
He is in fact not strong as a solo top at all, and loses and becomes more useless as time goes on. There isn't a big difference between a Nunu with farm and a nunu support. His job is still the same, peel for the Carry, Blood boil your AD, and "E" the physical damage bruiser/carry who is trying to kill yours, or whoever is closest to your AD carry at the time. Nunu loses a lot of match ups top lane, and althoughhe has some safe lane match ups top with good sustain, he's not all that useful with farm like he would get in a top lane. You would rather want someone like an irelia or jax etc. However, of course he is a good champion and has the ability to win games at any level given the right circumstances. So if you enjoy playing Nunu solo top, play what you enjoy. Just know, it's very hard to carry or do much as a solo top nunu, compared to if you were to play a bruiser with insane snowball potential. (riven, jax, irelia, vlad, etc.)
This is exactly my point. Farm or no farm it makes little difference except how tanky you get and how fast.

CactusMaster

08-19-2012

he owns solo top early game but he scales off very quickly. And he can't really carry.