What makes you rage in this game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gawthyc

08-19-2012

People who spam, "REPORT (champ name)" a million times. I don't like reporting people for things like intentional feeding in a normal game just because it could've just been a bad game for them or going afk when it was their connection that cuts out. In a ranked game, sure. If their being annoying and insulting teammates even if it is a normal game, sure. But we don't need you to remind us frequently as if we forgot or when they've "redeemed" themselves later on in the match.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-19-2012

Hmm, second time I've seen one of your posts Katarina. First of all, 1400 elo ain't exactly all that. Methinks the legend may exist mostly in your own mind.

Secondly, someone having a bad game is not a personal affront to you. You seem fairly egocentric so this may come as a shock, but me sucking has nothing to do with my (lack of) desire to tick you off. It mostly has to do with me making mistakes and getting out played. I'm not 2000+ elo, you're not 2000+ elo therefore, there are better players out there.

Third, except for maybe you in your own mind, we all have bad games. They will happen. Getting raged at by a team mate who's convinced they are superior in every way is not productive, helpful, or nice. No you do not have a right to rage at a complete stranger. Yes, the community/Riot have the right to ban you for raging. If you're that angry, keep a pillow by your computer so you can hit it if you need to.

MageSoulKnife

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Puppy Fury View Post
Hmm, second time I've seen one of your posts Katarina. First of all, 1400 elo ain't exactly all that. Methinks the legend may exist mostly in your own mind.

Secondly, someone having a bad game is not a personal affront to you. You seem fairly egocentric so this may come as a shock, but me sucking has nothing to do with my (lack of) desire to tick you off. It mostly has to do with me making mistakes and getting out played. I'm not 2000+ elo, you're not 2000+ elo therefore, there are better players out there.

Third, except for maybe you in your own mind, we all have bad games. They will happen. Getting raged at by a team mate who's convinced they are superior in every way is not productive, helpful, or nice. No you do not have a right to rage at a complete stranger. Yes, the community/Riot have the right to ban you for raging. If you're that angry, keep a pillow by your computer so you can hit it if you need to.
There is (at least to me) an obvious visual play style difference between someone having a "bad game", a "bad player", and a "newbie".

A bad game player will show knowledge by their positioning and other moves throughout the match, but make a lot of mistakes (such as miss - clicking; etc)

A bad player will constantly make the exact same mistake over and over, slow reaction time, and do things that make you question how they even figured out how to install the game.....

A new player will often have a strange, but not idiotic build. Will have a decent reaction time; learn from their mistake during a match (after dying to turret and lvl 2...will not proceed to then dive again at lvl 2...or lvl 3).

This is by no means an inclusive list of everything that you should be looking at to tell, but there is a big difference that at least I can see.

The community also has the issue of what to do with just "bad players"...not everyone is gifted with the same talents and league might not be for them; but what do we do with them? Obviously they have the same right to play as us, but since league is so heavily team oriented, how do we balance that, and prevent a good player who wants to win from being paired with a "bad player", who then is ruining their right to have a fair and fun match?

Lord Puppy Fury

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MageSoulKnife View Post
Obviously they have the same right to play as us, but since league is so heavily team oriented, how do we balance that, and prevent a good player who wants to win from being paired with a "bad player", who then is ruining their right to have a fair and fun match?
It's my understanding that's what the "Unskilled Gameplay" report is for. It doesn't count towards a player being sent to the Tribunal. It's a way for matchmaking to better match people with players their own skill level.

themaddscientist

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hep1cf47m4n View Post
xin zhao, cause he has a grand total of 3 counters:

nasus
malphite
skarner

that are very hardly ever played.
The only reason most people don't play Malphite is because you jerks keep banning him.

Nen Ragehard

08-19-2012

Last game I played made me angry. Really, really angry, but I didn't rage, troll or quit... but it's people like this that make me hate this game some times, even after taking a break. I'm not butthurt, but having some little brat act like a jerk for 40 minutes straight just because he can on the internet can be surprisingly devastating.

I was playing jungler jax. I gank mid around 5 minutes into the game, and I get the killing blow on their jungler who was also trying to gank. Our mid (kat) "OMG YOU MORON I IGNITED HIM YOU ****ING ******" I say nothing and hope he gets over it.

Mid continues to insult me throughout the entire game. Our top then starts asking me to calm down when I finally respond to kat by asking him what his problem was, so then I say as little as possible for the rest of the game while our kat is continually insulting me. He tries trolling my jungle, ignores my gank initiations which gets me killed, so I gank other lanes with better success and start building tanky.

The game drags on much longer than it should because our team is all over the place and our kat is trying to rambo every chance he gets. We eventually win, but I wanted to leave that game so bad. The whole game I was being insulted over something that shouldn't have been an issue at all. Unfortunately I forgot to report after the game, but with such a toxic personality I'm sure he'll be banned.

tl;dr: a-holes with no respect for their teammates that actively try to ruin your experience make me rage.

gavnuts

08-19-2012

isnt this an obvious question? just had a ryze last game that decided to feed 5 kills within 8 mins to ahri. then even when he could get some kills, he just ran around and didnt attack.