Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is being a main support bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uncanny Doom

08-19-2012

You should always have at least a couple roles you can play but there's definitely nothing wrong in maining support. It's probably the least played role which means it's always in demand. Plus, there's only a few really viable ones so if you know the main 5-6 then you can synergize with your carry and team as well as possible.

KneeShot

08-19-2012

Fellow support player here

Just a suggestion, you might want to play as ad carry and/or jungler for a few times
so as to understand their needs and what they actually see

I started off my first 30 levels as ad carry and then mained support for my team
understanding what your ad carry needs is more important if you already have the skills (and you did)
for example, if laning with Vayne, continuous vision on the bot two brushes are needed if you are aggressive or just something like never mess up trist's ult direction...

Fallen Chronicle

08-19-2012

Supports are the heart and soul of many teams, without a good support making sure your ADC is fed their is rarely a time you can win. I main supports as well and its a heak of a job with all the bad players at my elo :P