How to play on Mac until Mac client is out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shockre91

09-14-2010

I was sad that i havent got an invitation for beta testing.. but a few days later parallels 6 was released! i can play lol on mid settings, shadows low on win 7 vm with parallels 6 no problem. with parallels 5 there were lags every few secs, but now is ok! im on a macbook pro 13" 2010. try it yourself until mac client comes out!

steelbom

09-14-2010

Ah sweet, I've previously been able to play in P5 with respectable frame rates, I'm interested to see how I'll go with P6!

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

09-14-2010

6 is already out? Wow! Anyway, it shouldn't be TOO long for a Mac client so if people haven't already installed Parallels and Windows, they shouldn't rush to do so.

WeedBlossom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2010

What are parallels? All I know is that I have VMware Fusion 3.1.1

shockre

09-18-2010

parallels is a app similar to vmware, but much better performance wise. especially the newest version, 6, it has much improved graphics acceleration. lol is fully playable on a 13" 2010 with parallels 6 on mid settings.

Biebernat0r

09-19-2010

I get a weird model when I set my character details to high on Parallels 6 xD

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

09-19-2010

This is very pleasing to me. I have 2 hours of boring wait time every day with only access to my Mac and WiFi. I will finally be willing to install Windows & Parallels on my machine if this is true. Can I assume that Parallels 6 has a free trial?

shockre

09-20-2010

yep, 30 days free trial.

Brokroma

09-20-2010

Do not use VMWare/Parallels.

I used it for about 3 months, before installing Windows XP on a Bootcamp partition, and it gave me the longest match load times EVER, and was rife with audio bugs.

I cannot recommend doing what you are suggesting. Booting from a bootcamp volume is so much nicer.