READ BEFORE POSTING - LoL Help Database

First Riot Post
123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fwril

01-15-2010

I have ben haveing issues patching for several patches now, but re installing the game has allways solved the issues. Now i have tryd three times without any luck. I have defragd all my hard drives ran the suggested resgistry cleaner and cleard out all my temp net files. Not shure what els i can do. The patcher simply gets a point during the updates and when it starts to apply a patch that it has downloaded it errors out. Giveing me the message. "The launcher has expericend and error please restart the app" This happens at 5% while updateing [LOL.Game]

Any suggestions on what i can do?

I3est Annie NA

01-16-2010

the info that was in the atical on graphics wasnt helpfull because the nVidia control panel is unreachable to me.. in other words i cant find it on my pc.. trust is that ive seen ppl's videos on youtube and they had sharper, very sharp graphics compared to my current graphics, and these are recent videos.. id love if my graphics would apear in the same manner as such. but as i meantioned i cant seem to find the controle panneel to fix such an ussiue, also how would i update my graphics card is i needed too? and does windows 7 have the right praphics card to display the better looking graphics? everything looks so plain on my end and id love to have smoother looking graphics wile playing the game i love , any help would be great, or info in that matter.. please email me because i may forget to check this forum,
eyarukun@yahoo.com ty riot.. srry if i asked questions that were already answered in the search and info part..

TheF1Man

01-25-2010

having issues loading the Kb...are there too many people trying to access it or is it being updated?

edit: nevermind it's working again

Rarsetafarian

01-26-2010

Hi,
Initially I had log on errors, and I would like to have these resolved, but I'd also like bugs with reporting if I think the support database is unhelpful fixed too?

I tried logging on tonight, and it took about 5 minutes after I submitted my log on details with no real response from your servers before I exitted from the lol exe.

I did this three times.

On the third time, it got a little further, where the logging on dialog disapeared , and a blank client screen appeared, followed by a string of dialogs declaring "unknown error"

So... I wewnt to the web site to get some support, and went to the log on problems information, which just told me my firewall was the problem.

This is not correct, I;ve played a few games of Lol with the same internet security set up and not had an issue with my firewall.

So I ticked "unhelpful" and typed up a big message saying why it was unhelpful, but any characters I typed in the box were the same colour as the background. i.e. white. I could see the text I was typing by highlighting the text.

Each time I hit submit it told me to tell them why it was unhelpful.

I already had typed up a good 100 odd words int he window.

For some reason it didnt realise I had typed anything.

Highlighting the text revealed that I had actually entered the text, and that there was a message to enter my email address.

So I deleted the reason the support info was useless, and entered my email details, and it still gave me the sagely advice that I needed to tell it why it was unhelpful to actually rate the support info.

So tell me, do you have no negative responses to your support information and it is all awesome, purely because no one can complain?

I dunno, I'm really losing patience with the reliability of Lol.

are you going to fix all these unknown errors?

opening the details of 100% of these errors say that it timed out on a network request.

The unknown error dialog doesnt appear 100%, usually about 80% of the time, or just when its feeling a little peaky?

Every other game under the sun I have ever run on my PC has not had these timeout issues. Maybe it isnt my firewalls problem?

can you respond to this at all? hullo? is there anyone there?

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

01-26-2010
5 of 7 Riot Posts

It sounds like the problem you're experiencing is a timeout problem when logging in to PVP.net. There isn't much we can do to help you directly, but you may find this connection troubleshooting guide useful:
http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...roubleshooting

The problems you saw in the knowledge base might be a compatibility problem with Internet Explorer.

S W E D FOR LIFE

01-26-2010

how do i go about contacting riot or reporting someone? i just dealt with a player who was speaking extremely vulgar and right when the game strated spent the entire game feeding my running to there tower and standing there i would like to note that he was a lvl 30 and not a new player. this completly ruined the game for me and allies how can i report this?

Trini J

01-28-2010

I tried everything concerning not being able to connect to PVP.net in the KB. I mean EVERYTHING and still no good. I've been at it for 2 days now. Looking for help outside the KB I'm just being ignored...

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

01-28-2010
6 of 7 Riot Posts

There's a sticky with our email address, and the contact link in the KB sends us an email with your issue.

If you don't get a problem answered here, please email us at support@riotgames.com.

Shnobel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-06-2010

Hello! Go ask forgiveness for any mistakes in the text, I'm from Ukraine and speaks English poorly. I have a problem in the game. Some bugs with the physics. For example, under different angles, then the crystal is, in the center of the base, then it is not. Sometimes half seen. A pillar of light from the incubator at half sharply breaks. Another is an arrow or axe Mundo (when he throws it) do not fly into the enemy, appear behind the player(Mundo), but then the damage is. The explosions - just one point in the stone turns tower. The shadow of the player falls behind, visibility (fog of war) too. But the players \ minions all excellent. 60 fps, ping 240.

ShuckleBuck

02-11-2010

please riot fix this i can log in fine and get into a game but when i go to loading screen i get a black screen and it doesnt load and when i start tast manager it says not repsonding at all sooo

123456 ... 11