"Carry yourself out of ELO Hell"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phennexion

08-18-2012

Hello!

Please dont troll me, this is one of my first forum posts I dont usually come here but I have a question...

How do you carry yourself out of solo elo hell? I mean... when you got teammates feeding 1st and 2nd blood, or you get a leaver/afk... which makes you 4v5, or some other random act of stupidity that brings the team down, you can be super super fed carry, but you still cant win against a team pushing your tower/inhib when they focus you down?

Thanks for any constructive replies

m0b00st

08-18-2012

I'd like to know this same thing. But it seems like the only response you will get is, "keep playing, it will all balance out in the long run. *Derp*." Thats bull****, when the scenarios you describe happen over %80 of the time, there is no balancing that out.

I Play Fizz

08-18-2012

The more you play the better you will get, Playing ap mid if your solo que is prob the best position to snowball and carry. Bot is best if your duo. There is no EloHell, Theres bad players/DC's at all elo. Once you get to around 1400 you'll see what I mean.

EnvisageX

08-18-2012

When I first started playing ranked. I was not prepared. I wish I was maybe I'd have done a lot of things differently.

Here are a list of things that have helped me the past week I'm just now starting to get back up into the 1k range and I realize there are bad players, trolls, afkers, feeders. Its going to happen it happened to me 14 games in a row during my placement.

Most importantly I cannot stress this enough is have 5 or more champs for each role in the game. Learn them well. Learn to counter pick. Watch your teams picks. If you are getting trolled dodge unless you dont mind taking a loss. Sometimes just playing is better than not.

Second rune pages. Rune pages are very key. Its worth the 2600 for the bundle.

Be willing to play support. I myself like to jungle its my favorite role. But I have noticed if I support with Soraka. My chance at winning and getting my carry fed is good. I did have 4 bad games with her yesterday where my adc didn't even know what last hitting was but it happens.

Some champs that look great in higher ELO games aren't that great low ELO.

Ward, always ward your lane, and river. Everyone should ward the only role I see that is viable to actually get away without warding is ADC. 75 gold for 3 minutes of knowing if your going to get ganked or not is worth it in the end. Vision wards also if you know where they stuck theres so your jungle can actually help you out.

Another thing you are responsible for your lane. Not your jungler. If you are having a hard time tower hug. Let them push snowball. But don't ever put blame cause your "not getting ganks enough" your jungler isn't a baby sitter.

Also just play for fun dont argue in chat. Report afks or feeders. People who do it on purpose because it just hurts all of us.

I dont have that much room to give advice but I have noticed since I did go past 3 rune pages got the bundle put some IP into supports. My ELO is slowly but surely on the rise. Hoping this continues.

Good luck.

PS: Games at night are way better and early morning less trolls and less afkers. It still happens but its very very infrequent. 1am to 6am est.

BehemothClaw6

08-18-2012

Losing first blood is not necessarily a loss.
A those points in elo it would be wise to make sure that while you notice the bad things that your team mates do that you recognize what you can do to better the situation.
[If you are supposed to be carry and your support is farming, try focusing on harassing/building money per 10s to make up for the offset]
I can't say I have left a low elo rank and went to high but I also have a setup that automatically gives 5 gold per 10 at the start of game so no matter what i pick and who i lane with i shouldn't be totally screwed.
If you are having trouble in lane, ask another player to help you. Typically it will be the jungler but sometimes a lane switch can help you out of a slump. [like top lane darius is beating you, and you switch as wukong down to bot and let teemo go top who is his counter.]
Bear in mind how well you are doing and what lane you are in. Solo lanes [mid and top] are higher level than other lanes, making roaming/jungle a good choice if you find the person to be stubborn unbeatable. Just make sure you push your lane and don't take more than you should from other players.
Be stubborn... Yep... if you are in elo hell it might be because you were not stubborn. That means that you have a character you are good with but get bullied out of. And when you are forced to play a character you are worse with you will do worse simple as that. Make it known to your team if your situation is like that. There are plenty of people who are kick ass with their favorite and only ok or good with others.
Build vs weakness: If you are weak to gap closers, might want to be more mobile, if you are weak to magic resist build magic pen, if you are weak to magic damage build magic resist + hp [hp beats magic pen when coupled with resists.]
If you are doing good in lane build some defense early: i usually build heart of gold when I am leading in addition to my normal build because it gives more hp and thus makes it harder to kill me in addition to getting the gold per 10.
Mute the team: This doesn't mean to not warn them, ping or not talk. Often players will talk more than they know about and thus cause issues. If you can calmly instruct them [or somewhat calmly] behind a wall of mutes then that can make the victory if they decide to listen, it has for me quite a few times.

m0b00st

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xofraz View Post
But don't ever put blame cause your "not getting ganks enough" your jungler isn't a baby sitter.
wrong

Hi Im Derrick

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EloHellGod View Post
The more you play the better you will get, Playing ap mid if your solo que is prob the best position to snowball and carry. Bot is best if your duo. There is no EloHell, Theres bad players/DC's at all elo. Once you get to around 1400 you'll see what I mean.
No doubt it happens at all elos, ELO HELL is the elo between 700-1500 where your most likely to find it, in more likely 90% of games, I cut it off at 700 because I went to 699 elo ONCE, it was a joke. If you cant snowball stupidly out of there just... you belong there. But the leavers, feeders, and trolls, will not likely be at large in the 1800 elo region, do you agree? How often do you find a leaver in Dyrus, Wingsofdeathx, or OddOne's streams? Yet if I were to stream, there would be one in every game, either team.

Now because 90% of people wont read that I'll make a short version.

ELO HELL EXISTS, its below 1500 elo cuz most trolls wont reach higher than that.

KeepersWay

08-19-2012

story of my life look at my match history if you want hard proof. tired of 4 vs 5

funnygerp03

09-13-2012

Recently I went 19-2-14 as Gragas and lost. Then I went 14-3-16 as Vayne and lost. Happens all the time. People just suck.

ninjagear

09-14-2012

this may sound like im trolling at first.... but get better at the game.

1. get better farm. look at your own cs and try to have as high as a score every single game.

2. play every champ until u vaguely understand their mechanics. u need to know how they work in order to beat them in a fight.

3. find the champs you are good with and play them more often so u get great with them. dont try to play 'op' champs or w/e. find what you like, u will have more fun and will preform better.

4. dont focus on the mistakes of your teammates, there is NOTHING you can do to make them obey you. and very little you can do to make them stop. besides, if your mad at them you will be less likely to help them, and you need them to win, feeders or not.

5. pay attention to your minimap. your minimap always tells you where the right place is all the time.

6. PRACTICE IN DRAFT PICK. DONT PRACTICE IN RANKED GAMES.

how will you know when your doing better? see below.