Give a skin as a gift?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Probingducky

09-14-2010

So my buddy of mine loves playing Rammus. He is usually always the tank for my premade and never complains about it. He also bought me some Dos Equis for a bonfire (Pendragon's favorite beer!) when I left my wallet at home. I want to pay him back somehow and I thought, "Hey, why not give him a skin for his favorite champion?"

Unfortunally there is no way to give someone a skin as a gift. Is there anyway for a Riot employee to take RP from my account and credit my buddies account with a skin?

CrimsonSkies

09-14-2010

Currently there is no way...

And, I might get downvotes for suggesting this but, if you know this guy IRL and is clearly good friends with him, tell him your plan and have him fork over his account info? Have him change his pass for this occasion and change it back later if you like, but you can buy riot points on his account for him.

EASLTex

09-14-2010

Buy him Riot Points with RP Cards. I found some at my local Best Buy.

Enigma4you

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

I would actually like this option too since I've had multiple times when I've wanted to buy a skin for a IRL friend without using a card.

Probingducky

09-14-2010

Great ideas there.. was trying to make it more of a suprise but ohh well.

D3ck3rCain

05-24-2011

I want to give a friend of mine a skin also. This would be another way for Riot to make some money. I don't see why it shouldn't happen.

AlfredIV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-24-2011

I agree. I bought my girlfriend Bandito Fiddlesticks, but it was only possible because I know her password. Buying someone flat-out RP isn't the same as "I know you like this champion a lot, so here you go."

Vertica

05-24-2011

This is a great idea.

Ensign Epic

05-24-2011

Gifting would be awesome.

Pigasaurus

05-24-2011

Gifting skins would be awesome.