Need help on masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

o0Wafflez0o

08-18-2012

Hello,

It wasent very long ago I finally hit level 30. Now that im 30 I've been trying alot harder to win, so far I've been good at it but I want to be better. Since I was a noob I used a mastery page for each champ.

Example.

AD Hecarim/jung

AP Leblanc

So im not sure if this is the right way to go since im getting so many more champs and I only have so many mastery pages..

So I have this question

What should a mastery page be specifically for? Each champ? Or for there job ingame. Like Jungle solotop mid etc.

If you want to take a look at what I've got now. Just look for my summoner name (o0RadDall0o).

Thanks

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-18-2012

I'd suggest having at least one mastery page for each role you play (so that should mean 5, because everyone should have at least some competency in every role). Then use the rest of the mastery pages for specific champions that are your favorites to play in your best role.

So for example, let's say your best role is jungle. I'd make a solotop page, AP solomid page, AD carry page, and support page. Then with your 6 remaining mastery pages, make a few different jungling pages catered to specific jungling champs you prefer. Some junglers are AD, some AP, some support junglers, some tanky.

A lot of jungler CAN use the same page though, so if you have extra pages out of the 6, make some extras for champions you like in your second best role.

o0Wafflez0o

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
I'd suggest having at least one mastery page for each role you play (so that should mean 5, because everyone should have at least some competency in every role). Then use the rest of the mastery pages for specific champions that are your favorites to play in your best role.

So for example, let's say your best role is jungle. I'd make a solotop page, AP solomid page, AD carry page, and support page. Then with your 6 remaining mastery pages, make a few different jungling pages catered to specific jungling champs you prefer. Some junglers are AD, some AP, some support junglers, some tanky.

A lot of jungler CAN use the same page though, so if you have extra pages out of the 6, make some extras for champions you like in your second best role.
Wow thanks alot This is seriously help me!

Essieu

08-18-2012

I suggest having pages for roles as well. So 5 or 6 pages.

BUUUT I also suggest setting up your masteries while in champion select.

Doing this will make sure that your masteries are exactly how you want them for that one champion, instead of a vague top page or something.

Doing this also helps you get to know the masteries more. When I first hit 30 i set up all my mastery pages once, and didnt look at em for a while. I never realized how unfamiliar I was with them until the recent change when I did exactly what I'm telling you to do here.

Setting them up pre-game lets you really get a feel for how each mastery affects your in game stats and performance. I think its helpful to do for at least 100 games.