How to build a Carry (specifically MF)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enygm4

08-18-2012

I want to try her just for fun, and I really hate those champs with 0 difficult like xin zhao, garen, etcetera.
That's why I think that MF is harder than other carrys, not all of them I know.
(I say this because I don't like answers like "MF sucks try ashe, Caitlyn, graves, vayne, I'm ask for MF build or carry build please.

AlphariusRising

08-18-2012

Xin and Garen both take skill. Every champ in the league takes skill, it's a PvP game.

Anyway, almost all AD carries follow a standard build, with minor variations as follows:
Boots/3 pots start, or Doran's Blade if you're confident your support can keep you alive while you trade.
0-2 Doran's Blades on first back (or 0-1+ boots if you started with one)
Zerker's Greaves
Zeal, Vamp Scepter and BF sword.
Infinity edge
Phantom Dancer
Last Whisper
Bloodthirster

Somewhere in there you get a defensive item (GA, Banshee's Veil, QSS), usually when you feel farmed/fed enough to get into teamfights.
Generally it's Banshee's Veil against people like Karthus or Kennen, QSS against teams with long duration CC, and GA against people with strong anticarries. Build according to who is fed on the enemy team.

MF is STRONK in the early laning phase, it's very difficult to trade with her. You want to win early, not farm. You work well with almost any support, but Taric, Alistar, and Leona will make for a good kill lane for you, and the first two allow you to start Doran's Blade if then enemy isn't a kill lane as well.

xCry0x

08-19-2012

You almost always want to build IE before Zeal.

With MF you need to learn to use double-up or whatever the shot is that bounces backwards off whatever it hits. If you cannot harass with this effectively you will not get kills and you will have a **** time because MF is no where near the carry that other ranged ad are simply because of her kit.

Also what is meant by win early not farm is to not play a passive farm lane.. you still need to cs, if you do not cs you **** better be sure you can secure 4-5 kills and take out the tower by 20 min.

Moogra2u

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

Something like this

Boots 3
Dorans (from 0-2, depending on how well you are doing. Sometimes you can go straight to BF Sword)
BF Sword (1650)
Infinity Edge (2180 gold) <- you'll probably won't get enough for this right away
Vampiric Scepter (450 gold)
Zeal (1195 gold)
Phantom Dancers (1650 gold) <- you shouldn't (unless the opposing team is dumb) be fed enough to go straight to phantom dancers
Last Whisper
Bloodthirster
Guardian Angel most cases, QSS if they have annoying CC or suppress, Banshee's Veil are the common ones but FoN isn't completely unviable.