Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to effectively use Jax's "Empower" to double hit?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

08-18-2012

Jax's "Empower" ability can reset autoattack timer, so if we time it correctly we can double hit. The correct combo order for initiating an attack is:

Leap strike >> Autoattack >> Empower [autoattack timer resets and you double hit]

By doing this you can maximize the damage dealt, since you will double hit your autoattack. This is the theory. But in practice I can never double hit. How do we accomplish this combo? When exactly do we press W? Is there some sound or visual clue that you use to perfectly time your W?

Pininfarina

08-18-2012

Basically all you do is wait for your character to auto attack and then you empower. It resets his auto attack.

Judas Priest

08-18-2012

Quote:
Pininfarina:
Basically all you do is wait for your character to auto attack and then you empower. It resets his auto attack.

You just repeated what I wrote in my initial post.

Could someone who actually plays Jax and can successfully double hit with Empower give me some specific details about how to accomplish this?

Fat Mchugelarge

08-18-2012

Quote:
Padre Judas:
You just repeated what I wrote in my initial post.

Could someone who actually plays Jax and can successfully double hit with Empower give me some specific details about how to accomplish this?

So? no need to be a jerk about it man.

Judas Priest

08-18-2012

Quote:
Fat Mchugelarge:
So? no need to be a jerk about it man.

The same goes to you. Do you have any contribution for this thread?

Pininfarina

08-18-2012

Let me spell it out in ****** terms I guess...
Step 1. Activate counter strike in range of your leap strike
Step 2. Leap to enemy and stun them with counter strike
Step 3. Allow Jax to auto once, then immediately empower after he swings
Step 4. profit

Not really sure how your confused about an auto attack reset. Its not even hard to pull off...

And to clarify no there is no sound or animation that just says "EMPOWER NOW!!!" Empower can be used to increase the damage of any auto attack or leap strike. So say that you will only get one auto attack of before the enemy gets away use it... but what your looking for is for the game to just give you easy mode....

Cenerae

08-18-2012

Practise in a custom game, is all I can suggest.

You already know how to do it - tap Empower directly after Jax connects with his autoattack. Sounds to me like you merely need to work on the timing. Just practise it for a little bit on your own, you'll get it right.

thepantsparty

08-18-2012

You press W as soon as you see his auto-attack animation goes off, there's really not much too it.

Judas Priest

08-18-2012

Quote:
thepantsparty:
You press W as soon as you see his auto-attack animation goes off, there's really not much too it.

Is it really as soon as I sse it going off, or as soon as I see it starting?

I've been doing when it goes off, but I have no success.

Elchulus

08-18-2012

I believe it's as soon as the last hit connects with the target and you see damage.