Champions better with smart cast?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-18-2012

So, I've been in the hang of smart cast lately and just wanted to know which champions you find easier with smart cast.

Also, is smart casting common?

Let's exclude LeBlanc please!

CapriciousXII

08-18-2012

I think its even on those who smartcasts vs. those who don't.
I prefer it on almost every champion and there are only a select few that I dont like it on, like blitz and olaf for example.

With Olaf, I'm not sure what it is but smartcasted axes completely throw off my timing so I prefer to use it normally.
With Blitz it's the same thing but its more about the mindset that I'm fishing for people. I dont usually pull on reaction so it's not like the split second i lose matters to me as long as I hit it.

All those single target abilities and skillshots benefit greatly from smartcasts.

I wouldnt recommend smartcasting on skills that use vector targeting because it will never go the direction you want it to. (Viktor and Rumble)

Etherimp

08-18-2012

I'm convinced you need to smart cast to properly use Lee Sin. I don't smartcast, and while I'm a decent player, I am just HORRRRRRRRIBLE with Lee Sin. I get a feeling Ezreal is similar in that respect, though I've never played him.

Sky Mence

08-18-2012

Smartcast is good on anyone besides viktor, rumble, veigar etc but only certain abilites should you not smartcast

DawnShield

08-18-2012

Just never use it on cassiopeia....

Cenerae

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnShield View Post
Just never use it on cassiopeia....
You know, except that smartcasting twin fang is basically mandatory...

Smartcasting is largely personal preference. If you're familiar enough with a champion that you know the range and targeting of your skills, smartcast away. You'll get a slight increase in speed for executing combos and skills. If you're not, you may not want to.

Also worth considering is rebinding smartcast to all your normal spell keys, and then putting normal cast on the old smartcast bindings (or somewhere more comfortable if preferred). That way you smartcast by default, but when you need to be precise, or just want to check the range, you have the option on hand.

Or you may prefer to play entirely without smartcasting. The choice is yours. Certain skills you probably want to be more careful with though, like Rumble's ult, or Anivia's wall.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

All champions are easier and better with smartcast.

Gwellaouen

08-18-2012

Oh ! About smartcasting ?

What is the difference please ? I think I can change this battle mode in the options. How it works in comparaison of the other method ? Thank you for this subject. I will love to learn about smartcasting.

TheUnburned

08-18-2012

Smartcast helps for every single champion in the game, and it's the most popular way to play champs (though some high-elo players don't always use it). The only time it can screw you up is with skillshots. To fix this, go into the game setting and turn on "line missile smartcasting". That allows you to see the skillshot aimer by holding down the ability button. You can cancel the ability by right clicking.]

I don't know what I'd do without smartcast on Janna. I always screwed up my clutch tornadoes when being chased because I had to click the mouse in between pressing the ability button twice. Much easier to just tap Q twice quickly to shoot out that tornado behind you. And when I want to aim it more carefully, I just hold the Q button to see where it's going.

To smart-cast effectively, I just reassign all my ability key bindings to smart cast. So that everything is automatically smartcast. (QWER instead of Shift->Q, etc)

CapriciousXII

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwellaouen View Post
Oh ! About smartcasting ?

What is the difference please ? I think I can change this battle mode in the options. How it works in comparaison of the other method ? Thank you for this subject. I will love to learn about smartcasting.

With smartcasting your abilities get cast wherever your mouse cursor is. If youve played champs like Cassiopeia, Karthus or Irelia youve already experienced smartcasting.

It gives you a 1 click advantage against someone who isnt smartcasting so if you have a good reaction time you benefit greatly from it. Instead of clicking after targeting you would only need to hit the ability key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
I'm convinced you need to smart cast to properly use Lee Sin. I don't smartcast, and while I'm a decent player, I am just HORRRRRRRRIBLE with Lee Sin. I get a feeling Ezreal is similar in that respect, though I've never played him.

Ive smartcasted Lee with mixed results. In the end I prefer to use his q normally but smartcast his W and R