AD Carry question for high elo players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManLee

08-17-2012

Here's the situation. I've hit 1405 by playing mid, but recently, I noticed that bot lane is more fun and fits me better than mid. I usually win my lane, but there's a problem. When I'm at bot lane and I win by cs and kills, usually mid or top begins to feed or fall behind altogether. At that point, the enemy mid begin to roam and I begin to get ganked 4v2 under tower etc.
Is there something I can do to carry mid or top? When I was mid, I'd usually win my lane and roam, steal jungle, etc. It's not like I can leave my bot lane, then I fall behind in CS. Help

Duhizy

08-17-2012

na your role is to get as farmed and fed as possible, if you do get fed then after the 20 min mark you can push your lane roam while simultaneously farming everything you see and keep up in cs, if mid is feeding then just hope that taking his turret will help. That being said if you get fed enough you can just carry the game easily.

Scrafty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-17-2012

You could try explaining what they are doing wrong and tell them how to fix it.

FaerellG

08-17-2012

Remember, it's your job to carry, and carry doesn't mean "do lots of damage". Carry means do your job, and do the job that everyone else on the team is slacking off on.

Ward up so you see the ganks coming and you can abandon the tower if you think they're going to dive you and you don't think you can survive it.

Build some defenses. Probably MR as the ganker is coming from mid (usually AP). Some Tenacity items are good too to shake off that stun faster. Dead carries do no damage. Gotta survive first.

Gank back. If mid is having trouble, it's possible for you as the AD to go and gank. Most ADs have pretty solid gank potential.
Sivir and Graves have excellent burst damage to dump on a stunned person.
Vayne, Ashe, and Varus all have CC.

That's about it.

Etherimp

08-17-2012

I've had success with letting them take the tower then freezing my lane at the 2nd tower. If they want to attack me there they have to overextend, and meanwhile I can free farm until I can afford my core damage items.

Duhizy

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
I've had success with letting them take the tower then freezing my lane at the 2nd tower. If they want to attack me there they have to overextend, and meanwhile I can free farm until I can afford my core damage items.

ahh this is situational, most of the time the end result of you doing this is them getting your mid tower and dragon but if you think your team would be fine or your just really behind then its a good idea.

Etherimp

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
ahh this is situational, most of the time the end result of you doing this is them getting your mid tower and dragon but if you think your team would be fine or your just really behind then its a good idea.

Yeah, I won't INTENTIONALLY let them take the tower.. But if they are ganking 4v2 consistently, then it's better for me to back off and farm. Yeah, they gain dragon control and can harass mid more, but it's better than me not being able to farm and dying constantly. They will get the bot tower eventually if they are pulling 4v2 ganks anyway.

Essieu

08-18-2012

Well first off, Ad is one of the most frustrating spots to play in solo que. And you get used to it. But when you have a decent team, the game becomes so easy.

#1.You have to deal with another person in lane, teamwork seems foreign to many people.
#2.While you do need to stay alive, and positioning is key, ultimately you NEED tanks as much as they need you. Because of the fact your squishy, yet need to stay alive for the whole fight to deal maximum damage you somewhat rely on others for this to happen.

Anyways, to the question.

If other lanes are feeding, and you are getting picked on. You need to do exactly what their doing to you, but in your own special way. Push down your tower, and then go push down mid, and then take dragon, and then invade their blue. Take as many objectives from them as you can before teamfighting.

When it does come to teamfights however, you need to STAY ALIVE. Getting your damage down is most important if your fed.

And in regards to the freezing at tier 2 tower. Any decent AD will just take that Map control and run with it. If you stay they'll take all they can and then force fights when your not there.

Also, if you know the gank is coming, just go back. Think about it.

If you leave, they will either push tower, or leave as well.

If you die, they will either push tower or leave.

Same results, only difference is you dont die in one.