Input on new champion choice: Fiora or riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LucifronSun

Senior Recruiter

08-18-2012

So it seems that riven is the better choice of the two, with fiora being better at pubstomps and noob manhandling but she falls off at higher skill levels.

Alright, thanks for all the input guys, was really having a hard time deciding. Seems like general favor goes to riven, so I'm probably going to get her. Thank you infirc especially for the long post AND a video when it's done!

P.S Why am I being downvoted? Weird...

Wolfalisk

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
But I personally think Riven is stronger at higher levels of play due to her caster-like nature, higher resistance to cc, AoE damage, and good AoE cc.
What this gentleman is trying to say without saying is that Riven is broken and uncounterable on Dominion. If you're looking for freebies she is your best bet.

LucifronSun

Senior Recruiter

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowGgPrettyEzTho View Post
What this gentleman is trying to say without saying is that Riven is broken and uncounterable on Dominion. If you're looking for freebies she is your best bet.
Not so much freebies but I want a solid champ, as it does take a bit to save up 6300 IP. She doesn't seem as bad as HUURRRRR DURRIUS from what I've seen, but that may just be in my elo area.

On another note, a friend recommended Diana to me, is she a solid choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkillar View Post
Fiora, because she has an accent.
Dem french girl accents.

Volandum

08-18-2012

Quote:
And I thought FDru had better taste in naming smurfs.

Wolfalisk

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
And who exactly am I smurfing? I'm my own troll son, you better get with the times.

That aside I am not trolling about Riven. She has exploitable weaknesses in Summoner's Rift that are non-existent in Dominion.

naotasan

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
I admit, I giggled.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

I added the video on the original post, it was a loss but it is the only one that i got that showcases most of the pros and cons i ennounced. SOrry for the lateness :$ i explain it on the edit of the original post.

LucifronSun

Senior Recruiter

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
I added the video on the original post, it was a loss but it is the only one that i got that showcases most of the pros and cons i ennounced. SOrry for the lateness :$ i explain it on the edit of the original post.
It's cool dude, I'm surprised someone would go through the trouble of posting a video. Thanks!

Redeemed In Fire

08-18-2012

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
I know you tend to play Brand and other squishy APs, so of course she'll look super strong. The thing is though:
* She has no fast/instant gapcloser like most other bruisers, this makes her reach surprisingly short
* Despite being an AD caster, she outputs her damage entirely over time
* Her itemization is a bit gimped, having no solid stackable AD item to buy (Sanguine Blade stacks but is too expensive and the passive is not great for her, she doesnt really want youmuu's AS or crit, and hexdrinker/maw offers low AD for cost)
* She has all physical damage, which means armor DOES heavily counter her
* Because she has no inbuilt arpen, she falls off a cliff vs anyone designed to not crumple in her face
* She has next to no incentive to build many defensive items; the AD scaling shield replaces a resistance steroid which would incentivize building health. This leads into the next point.
* She's incredibly vulnerable to silences and stuns/snares (despite the bug which often lets her finish Q casts through CC or even GA revival); all she gets is lame autos without the ability to mix in spells, and no spells riven is a squishy riven.

Also, all AD scaling champions need significantly higher total ratios than their AP or mixed counterparts, because AD comes at about half of the points per cost of AP.
Also, why haven't you been responding to our invites lately? =p