Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to convert early game into late game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iMepz

08-17-2012

Hey guys, Im not one of those guys who are like uhh elo hell I shouldn't be there durr.
I know I should be at the elo I'm at on my main which is 1200. My question is (and this is the only reason Im in this elo).;

How can I carry an early game lead and snowball playing mid lane. I almost always (90% of the time) win my mid lane. Now the problem is I can never carry this advantage over into late game and full on carry to victory. And tips from converting an early game lead and snowball?

Shawnnoob

08-17-2012

gank gank gank

DirtyJs

08-18-2012

you convert early lead into midgame advantages - if you don't do that, you'll be even by the late game. if you're leading early, you want to take turrets and dragon by the midgame. by the time you've taken 1-3 dragons and all outer turrets, your team is normally ~lvl 15. if your team is snowballing hard and is only around lvl 12ish at this stage, secure all the jungle objectives for about 5 extra minutes and you should be around lvl 14-15ish. at this stage, if you pink ward the baron and ward around it, you can secure the baron safely assuming you know how to play around baron. if all goes well, one of two things will happen. you secure baron uncontested - group and push inhib, push down a second inhib and win game. or, the enemy team responds to your baron attempt, but you initiate on them and kill most of them - if your health is high and you have enough dmg left in the team, take baron. if your health is low, take a tower if possible, otherwise see if you can secure other objectives on the map (buffs/dragon) - heal up and prepare for baron round 2. If the enemy team is organized and is able to stop you at baron and you can't win a fight against them with enough hp left to do anything, another option is to ward up their jungle on the baron side and ambush them ==> win game.

xCry0x

08-19-2012

Everything DirtJs said.

lockpooh

08-19-2012

Good example was my game last night, we were getting wrecked in lanes. I think the score was out 2 kills to their 17 when they started to roam. They had one turret from each row and we had none. Fast forward to the 1 hour mark, we were fairly even in gear because all our inhibs and double-turrets were down but we farmed like bosses. But still down by like 30 kills.

We ended up winning. They made a dash to end the game and we aced them. Made a dash up top and won. We really shouldn't have won, I sat there shocked for a few seconds. They DOMINATED early and mid game. They just didn't capitalize on it.

ADC SENPAl

08-19-2012

Well first of all it depends on the champions you are playing and what the enemy team's comp is compared to yours. If you are winning your lane then you should be shoving mid, then roaming bot, top, or helping your jungle control buffs in the enemy jungle. Roaming when you see the enemy over extended bot or top can help not only snowball you even more with assist and kill money, but begin to snowball your other lanes. Roaming bottom is usually the best choice because of the dragon control it gives, if you pull off quick kills your team can take the dragon in most cases. Just remember to roam when possible and play champions that have strong roaming potential, example Ahri

MyPockit

08-19-2012

I'm only level 12, but please gank. You should always be checking the other lanes when the enemy pushes up to your towers. And you say you are winning mid, but roaming off for the gank allows your opponent to push mid up to your tower which allows your teammates to repay the favor for another easy gank. Push then gank makes for terribly easy noob games, its just everyone wants to be 'winning' their lane instead of harrassing back to their tower for the gank opening.