There should be no dodge penalty for dodging in ranked dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

08-17-2012

If ranked dominion ever comes out, there should be no punishment for dodging any games you don't want to play.

With so many OP champions this will help ensure that the only games that get played are fair while preventing the need for 10+ bans a match.

HaIfhearted

08-17-2012

Downvotes without comments?
C'mon people, at *least* explain why we all disagree with him.

Genericke, the problem with a lack of dodge penalty isn't bad comps, its people who abuse the system.

Draft pick was literally dodged to death, with people leaving for blind pick because of the compounded waiting time excessive dodgers had on the system.

If there is no dodge penalty for ranked Dom, people will kill that just like they did to draft.

I'm all for dodging abhorrent comps, but sadly in this case the bad outweighs the good.

Orphane

08-17-2012

This is probably your worst work.

I would take 10 bans a match over no dodge penalty. You want to dodge a game where you think your teammates are trollpicking you? That's *fine.* You can wait 5, then 20, then 60 minutes if you really want to play. What's not ok is being able to dodge and immediately get back into queue and then dodge again because you think your team got outpicked/banned and you want to mulligan, however convenient or used to it people have gotten.

Genericke

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post

Genericke, the problem with a lack of dodge penalty isn't bad comps, its people who abuse the system.

Draft pick was literally dodged to death, with people leaving for blind pick because of the compounded waiting time excessive dodgers had on the system.

If there is no dodge penalty for ranked Dom, people will kill that just like they did to draft.

I'm all for dodging abhorrent comps, but sadly in this case the bad outweighs the good.
Ranked dominion is supposed to solve all of dominion's problems though by bringing over hundreds of players so that way people queue up again.

NamKim

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
If ranked dominion ever comes out, there should be no punishment for dodging any games you don't want to play.

With so many OP champions this will help ensure that the only games that get played are fair while preventing the need for 10+ bans a match.
I tell people this a lot. Your heart is in the right place, your mind is not.

The whole point why Dominion doesn't have Ranked yet is because of the balance issues. What do you think RiotNome and the rest of Riot are working on right now? They are reworking the map so more champions can be balanced.

RiotNome even stated that Yorick is causing problems on both Dominion and Summoner's Rift so Riot needs to just look at Yorick and rebalance him. Jax and Wukong are very powerful on Dominion, why are they so powerful? Instead of rebalancing Jax and Wukong, why not change something in Dominion that takes care of both champions? Why are AP mages not as strong on Dominion compared to Tanky DPS? What can we do to fix those problems.

We want Ranked because it makes the game more fun. It solves Dominion's lack of credibility and lack of fanbase. It does not solve the balance problems. Even on Dominion Dominion, I see a total of ten bans and things are still working out pretty well.

So, dodge penalty has nothing to do with this. There is nothing stopping you from playing an OP champion if the other team has one. Summoner's Rift does it all the time.

inFe eD

08-17-2012

God no.

How would I get to go through your list of "bad champs" alphabetically on your team if you get to dodge every time?

Genericke

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
God no.

How would I get to go through your list of "bad champs" alphabetically on your team if you get to dodge every time?
Very quickly because I'd be dodging every single time until you finally picked a good champ that also wasn't a stupidly OP champ that would cause someone on the other team to dodge.

Phourc

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post

I was just going to go with 'you're an idiot'...

Look, the problem with draft picks isn't people being allowed to dodge, it's people being allowed to sit in lobby for the five minute pick/ban stage, dodge, AND IMMEDIATELY BE ABLE TO DO IT AGAIN. This allows you to get in a game (after the wait time to find a team, etc. - which for me is about ten minutes) and not actually start it for upwards of ten minutes which absolutely has happened to me before in draft pick.

Keep in mind, Dominion games don't last much longer than twenty minutes, being able to spend half that long IN QUEUE, IN ADDITION TO THE TIME IT TAKES YOUR GAME TO POP is absolutely and completely unacceptable.

TL;DR: You want to *only* play games where your team massively outpicked the enemy? That's great, but each time you dodge, *you* should have to sit out so the rest of us can actually PLAY the game.