Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New to the game? Mentor: WeasuhL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WeasuhL

08-17-2012

TEMPORARILY CLOSED: So, after a few conversations with close friends in the higher leagues and those seeking to go professional I've realized that although I am skilled in this moment in time I have a lot to learn. Of course, everyone has a lot to learn even if you're #1 in challenger (looking at you turtle). Long story short, expect me to be streaming much more often (twitch.tv/sirweasuhl) within the week. My life is literally going to be work (working two part time jobs), gym, studying, and LoL. Scarra recently stated at the MLG tournament yesterday he clocks in about 50 hours per week on LoL; I won't have nearly that much time but I hope to commit more than I already do. Basically, I'll be unavailable to mentor others as I'll be working purely on self improvement for some time. I'm currently near the bottom of silver league and I most likely won't reopen until at least Gold 1. I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll still provide advice on the thread and you can still feel free to add me on the client because I do not meant to say I'll be unable to be reached.

May 29th! Ah, it's finally summer. It's been a long time. I've just finished cleaning out my friends list and am now re-opening this thread. I've been awfully busy with other commitments but now I'm looking to make a difference in the LoL community. I would love to intern with Riot in 2014. I've recently passed my CCNA4 exam and am weeks away from becoming CCNA certified. I want to find a career as a Network Administrator or something on the security side of things, throughout my studies I'll need to have some fun -- League of Legends! As I've always said, I'll play with anyone. If you're a techy and want to talk academics or OTJ topics, please contact me! I'm always looking to learn.

Anyway, enough rambling. I'm very happy to be back.
Summoner name: WeasuhL
(NA Server only -- for now at least)

"The purpose of life is not to be happy, rather, to make a difference for having lived at all."

Hi! I figured I'd make an official thread since I've been doing this for awhile now. Due to the environment many new players are projected into I've decided to help out! I realize that smurfing is extremely unfair so you will be playing with level 30 players, but I'm more than happy to play bot games.

Why would you want to play with me?

• Familiar and proficient with every champion in the game.
  • Knowledgeable of the current meta.
  • Friendly.
  • Patient.
  • Experienced in terms of teaching people.
  • Veteran of LoL (and other mobas such as Bloodline Champions)

Who can play with me?

Anybody! From levels 1-29, or even 30!

My only wish is that you please have skype, ts3, or vent. Voice communication is essential.

If you need help, there's no formal application, just post something simple such as:

Summoner name:
Time played:
Experience:
Thoughts on the game:
What champions you like/what role you enjoy playing:

Just so I have an idea of what you know so far.

If I'm not on and you want to get better the best advice I can give you is to watch streams. Here is a list of streams I personally find very educational and entertaining.

http://www.twitch.tv/reapered : The (ex) solo player for Azubu Blaze (A top Korean team)
http://www.twitch.tv/tsm_theoddone : The jungler for Team SoloMid
http://www.twitch.tv/dandinh : A famous LoL player due to his commentary and insight. Very enjoyable to watch. Considered one of the best Udyr players in the world.

Streams list is currently a few months outdated, check back or ask me personally.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/sirweasuhl
I also have a youtube channel although I have no idea what to upload... http://www.youtube.com/sirweasuhl if you want to just sub and wait for videos, if anyone has any suggestions of what I can make just let me know.

Ryze Main

Recruiter

08-17-2012

I can personally say that talking to you on Skype, and playing many games with you and your friends has helped me to learn a lot of things in the game. And the best part is that you don't get mad or anything if I mess up.

Thank you, And I hope a lot of other people take you up on the help.

WeasuhL

08-18-2012

Glad I could help you

wRewrite

08-18-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1849187
You should join us QQ

WeasuhL

08-19-2012

Quote:
Saigyoují Yuyuko:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1849187
You should join us QQ

I submitted an application on the old thread and joined the chatroom on the LoL client. I was told the University had basically fallen apart and was incredibly disorganized and that if I wanted to help, I could just take summoner names off of the thread and contact them.

I see that the thread has now been remade but honestly I think I'm better off on my own. If you're ever inundated with people requesting help, you may refer them here.

IEATWORLDS

08-19-2012

Summoner name: IEATWORLDS

Time played: A few weeks

Experience: I have not played very many other games, I played a bit of SC1 and SC2 as well as various FPS games.
Thoughts on the game: Seems very one sided, regardless of whether I win or lose the games feel very gross. I find that I will easily crush the other team in a string of games and then proceed to lose a bunch in a row very badly. I also find that people are scared of fighting and that people almost never explain why something was a bad idea.

What champions you like/what role you enjoy playing: So far I have been playing a lot of ranged champions, I have tried Ashe, Tristana, Kayle, Soraka and Annie but I have also played Alistar as well. Right now I am not really sure what champions I like the most but I have fun playing any champion that can kite.

I have voice com. and all that jazz as well.

WeasuhL

08-19-2012

Quote:
IEATWORLDS:
Summoner name: IEATWORLDS

Time played: A few weeks

Experience: I have not played very many other games, I played a bit of SC1 and SC2 as well as various FPS games.
Thoughts on the game: Seems very one sided, regardless of whether I win or lose the games feel very gross. I find that I will easily crush the other team in a string of games and then proceed to lose a bunch in a row very badly. I also find that people are scared of fighting and that people almost never explain why something was a bad idea.

What champions you like/what role you enjoy playing: So far I have been playing a lot of ranged champions, I have tried Ashe, Tristana, Kayle, Soraka and Annie but I have also played Alistar as well. Right now I am not really sure what champions I like the most but I have fun playing any champion that can kite.

I have voice com. and all that jazz as well.

Added! Looking forward to playing with you

WeasuhL

08-19-2012

Streaming matches with IEATWORLDS now.
http://www.twitch.tv/sirweasuhl

Three open spots! Add me to play.

DaysUntold

08-19-2012

Summoner name: DaysUntold

Time played: 3 weeks
Experience:This is my first MOBA. Actually, I'm generally a console gamer though I tend to gravitate to computer games more often lately. On the PC I play Diablo 3, Civ5, and SC2 as well as a variety of Steam games. I play everything but sports games on the console.

Thoughts on the game: I love it and want to become good enough that I can help carry an under-performing team, as well as just to enjoy the game more. Often I find right now that everything can be turned by one player and teamwork doesn't seem to be high priority but I'm sure that's just because i'm a lower level so far.

What champions you like/what role you enjoy playing: I love playing ad carries but don't really get a lot of time playing them lately. I like tanks and initiators as well. I want to learn each role and be able to manage several champions within those roles. I haven't tried jungling or support yet. I was great with Morgana when i first started, then went to ashe. When I picked up Morgana again I got crushed so I don't know where I stand with her.

I played with you earlier but figured I'd throw this up! Thanks

WeasuhL

08-19-2012

Quote:
DaysUntold:
Summoner name: DaysUntold

Time played: 3 weeks
Experience:This is my first MOBA. Actually, I'm generally a console gamer though I tend to gravitate to computer games more often lately. On the PC I play Diablo 3, Civ5, and SC2 as well as a variety of Steam games. I play everything but sports games on the console.

Thoughts on the game: I love it and want to become good enough that I can help carry an under-performing team, as well as just to enjoy the game more. Often I find right now that everything can be turned by one player and teamwork doesn't seem to be high priority but I'm sure that's just because i'm a lower level so far.

What champions you like/what role you enjoy playing: I love playing ad carries but don't really get a lot of time playing them lately. I like tanks and initiators as well. I want to learn each role and be able to manage several champions within those roles. I haven't tried jungling or support yet. I was great with Morgana when i first started, then went to ashe. When I picked up Morgana again I got crushed so I don't know where I stand with her.

I played with you earlier but figured I'd throw this up! Thanks

I did manage to play with you when you played Tristana, you did fine. I'm happy to see you have the desire to learn every role and several champions within each role, far too many people are like "mid or I quit".

Teamwork>one person, always. What you're probably seeing are smurfs destroying your games. If someone is used to last hitting and building their champion (not to mention playing him hundreds of more times) at 2200+ elo for example, and then drops down to level 18s that haven't yet had that experience, certain champions suddenly become able to 1v5 (Tryndamere comes to mind). However, eventually teamwork will squash them, following the tryn example no matter how much damage he does, he's a squishy character. He has his Q to heal (at the cost of losing a lot of his own damage),his W to reduce incoming damage, and his 5 second ult...but in the end, he's squishy and he has to be in the middle of the fight, he has no range. There are plenty of champions with hard CC that will make him worthless. Teamwork>one person, always. There isn't a single champion in the game that doesn't have a counter. Sure there are tier lists, but one of the main reasons I still play LoL is due to the fantastic job they did balancing the game, and for the things that are difficult to balance, in competitive play they allow you to ban six champions.