Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Ranked Is F**ked up

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perestukinas

Member

08-21-2012

Only way to greatly reduce these kind of things is to start ELO counting form 0, then all of trolls/leavers and such would stay low and wouldnt bring others down or atleast not bellow starting point from where you would eventualy rise up if youre worthy or going up obviously that would make great improvement in skillcap differentiation over the system we have now with everyone starting in MID of the ladder.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apokk

Junior Member

08-21-2012

After looking up the OP I can't see his rating b/c it's too low, his most played champion is Jayce w/ a 36% win ratio, second most played is Caitlyn with a 10% win ratio, and third is Amumu with a 33% win ratio.

The problem with "ranked" is that you're so bad at the game that your elo has dropped to a point where you will only encounter other bad players.

Solution: get good at the game. Watch some streams, join some pro AMA's, read some guides on LoLPro.com, etc. When you have a better understanding about the game start doing ranked again, and you'll find that you'll have no trouble carrying those idiots to victory.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syferfyre

Recruiter

08-21-2012

Quote:
perestukinas:
only way to greatly reduce these kind of things is to start elo counting form 0, then all of trolls/leavers and such would stay low and wouldnt bring others down or atleast not bellow starting point from where you would eventualy rise up if youre worthy or going up obviously that would make great improvement in skillcap differentiation over the system we have now with everyone starting in mid of the ladder.


+3459782345802345632784562374532657893265789310985732856324789532645


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gr8job

Senior Member

08-21-2012

I think that calling a role doesn't necessarily mean you suck at the other roles. I think if two people call the same role, there's plenty of time to discuss in the lobby who should get that role. I think people call a specific role because they're confident that they are much better than other players at that role, or maybe because they have a ****ton of caster and support runes, but not anything viable for the other lanes. Yes, maybe they should have all those ready before playing ranked. but if you've played 398490693586 games mid, 3948394 top, 2323 bot, and someone else has played 94589485 mid, 29382938 top, 390483948 bot, you're probably a more capable mid simply through experience.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treza

Senior Member

08-21-2012

Quote:
Apokk:
After looking up the OP I can't see his rating b/c it's too low, his most played champion is Jayce w/ a 36% win ratio, second most played is Caitlyn with a 10% win ratio, and third is Amumu with a 33% win ratio.

The problem with "ranked" is that you're so bad at the game that your elo has dropped to a point where you will only encounter other bad players.

Solution: get good at the game. Watch some streams, join some pro AMA's, read some guides on LoLPro.com, etc. When you have a better understanding about the game start doing ranked again, and you'll find that you'll have no trouble carrying those idiots to victory.


this is just untrue... no matter how good you are you cant carry a team to victory when your bottom lane is 0/5 at 4 minutes in and behind in cs. they proceed to get further crushed, tower goes, and now before youre even at the point where you can carry youre being shut down at top by 4 people randomly because the rest of your team is insignificant

this has happened to me very frequently especially recently. when i first got in to ranked i lost more games than i won, dropped to below 1k elo, quit and went to polish up my game. i return to ranked and triumphantly climb back to 1246 i think it was winning 20 out of 25 games. now that im back with the new players to ranked, it comes down to basically a coin flip win or loss situation. if you get stuck with the retarded kid you will lose. if you get stuck with the xin who is 0/4 at 5 minutes jungling getting executed by camps because he started longsword and subsequently afk'd you will lose. all the enemy team has to do is simply not play horribly and theyll win just because of it

in the past 3-4 days ive dropped from a +8 win count to a -1 win count, and almost all of those losses were completely because of situations i outlined above. i may have had 1-2 legitimate losses out of the bunch where the game was close, and we just got out played when it came time to close the deal


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apokk

Junior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Treza:
this is just untrue... no matter how good you are you cant carry a team to victory when your bottom lane is 0/5 at 4 minutes in and behind in cs. they proceed to get further crushed, tower goes, and now before youre even at the point where you can carry youre being shut down at top by 4 people randomly because the rest of your team is insignificant

this has happened to me very frequently especially recently. when i first got in to ranked i lost more games than i won, dropped to below 1k elo, quit and went to polish up my game. i return to ranked and triumphantly climb back to 1246 i think it was winning 20 out of 25 games. now that im back with the new players to ranked, it comes down to basically a coin flip win or loss situation. if you get stuck with the retarded kid you will lose. if you get stuck with the xin who is 0/4 at 5 minutes jungling getting executed by camps because he started longsword and subsequently afk'd you will lose. all the enemy team has to do is simply not play horribly and theyll win just because of it

in the past 3-4 days ive dropped from a +8 win count to a -1 win count, and almost all of those losses were completely because of situations i outlined above. i may have had 1-2 legitimate losses out of the bunch where the game was close, and we just got out played when it came time to close the deal


I used to have that attitude, that I just couldn't control those factors and despite winning my lane my elo was dropping. I went from 1476 down to 1101, and won my lane nearly every game. Now my elo is back over 1400, and I've realized that I never lost elo b/c of bad luck, it was b/c I hadn't been playing as well as I should have been.

It's not enough to just win your lane if you want to do well in ranked, you have to get your team to focus on objectives, get them to communicate and work together. You have more control over this than you realize, and the mentality of "well I can't control the rest of my team so I'll just stay in elo hell" is not a good one. If you think that the players who are getting high elo are just "lucky" then you either haven't done enough ranked games, or you're just retarded.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OriginalJack

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Apokk:
It's not enough to just win your lane if you want to do well in ranked, you have to get your team to focus on objectives, get them to communicate and work together. You have more control over this than you realize, and the mentality of "well I can't control the rest of my team so I'll just stay in elo hell" is not a good one. If you think that the players who are getting high elo are just "lucky" then you either haven't done enough ranked games, or you're just retarded.


This is more true than a lot of people realize.

Lemmie toss out an idea here.

Let's say everyone in your game is 1100 elo and everybody else has played enough games to be able to say that they belong at 1100 elo. If everyone is at the same skill level then it should be a 50/50 chance for each team to win in theory. If you deserve to be at 1200 elo that means that you are the best player in the game and you should be carrying. If you are not the one doing the carrying then you are the one being carried and you are just getting lucky if you do move up in elo.

Just doing "ok" is enough to stay at around the same elo by going win, loss, win, loss, win, loss but if you want to really want to move up in elo (like by 100s of points) you need to be carrying games yourself on the constant. It's not enough to win your lane you need to win other people's lanes for them as well, if you actually deserve to be much higher than your current elo reflects it shouldn't be a problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iRukia

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Quote:
Apokk:
After looking up the OP I can't see his rating b/c it's too low, his most played champion is Jayce w/ a 36% win ratio, second most played is Caitlyn with a 10% win ratio, and third is Amumu with a 33% win ratio.

The problem with "ranked" is that you're so bad at the game that your elo has dropped to a point where you will only encounter other bad players.

Solution: get good at the game. Watch some streams, join some pro AMA's, read some guides on LoLPro.com, etc. When you have a better understanding about the game start doing ranked again, and you'll find that you'll have no trouble carrying those idiots to victory.

Oh my aren't you a smart one going to Lolking and finding all that then typing it neatly to prove your own dumb point??? Well nope brah what you said is invalid, your post is invalid thus your argument is invalid.
These so called trolls don't want you to win they don't want to win. They want to lose they enjoy annoying you or making you rage, they don't care about this game's main point all they want is to have some "fun" messing around with "kids" in a "game". No matter how good you are at this game you can't win if your team mates buy zeals and run into the other team saying " LOVE ME LOVE ME " in all chat and dying, can you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OriginalJack

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
The MissPwnage:
Oh my aren't you a smart one going to Lolking and finding all that then typing it neatly to prove your own dumb point??? Well nope brah what you said is invalid, your post is invalid thus your argument is invalid.
These so called trolls don't want you to win they don't want to win. They want to lose they enjoy annoying you or making you rage, they don't care about this game's main point all they want is to have some "fun" messing around with "kids" in a "game". No matter how good you are at this game you can't win if your team mates buy zeals and run into the other team saying " LOVE ME LOVE ME " in all chat and dying, can you?


Trolls aren't the reason you aren't at the elo you think you should be.

Assuming you are not a troll there is a greater chance that there is a troll on the other team and you get a free win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iRukia

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Quote:
OriginalJack:
Trolls aren't the reason you aren't at the elo you think you should be.

Assuming you are not a troll there is a greater chance that there is a troll on the other team and you get a free win.

That did no answer my question what so ever, You can't carry such people


123