Rammus building vs balanced team.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EverlifeorDeath

08-20-2012

I am asking for tips on how to build rammus in a 5v5. I understand that in draft, he is likely to get banned, but now that new champions have come out that are getting banned ( Diana, Zyra, Darius), I have seen people playing him more often in drafts because he isn't getting banned. When it comes to draft, I try to get a philo first item, then build into boots and tankyness. Anything I should be doing different?

Thanks for the help.

Raiders of the Run!

Shashakiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

For the past month I've been playing ranked games (about 100 total) and I've never seen a rammus ban..

Zerakou

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiko View Post
For the past month I've been playing ranked games (about 100 total) and I've never seen a rammus ban..
Its more than a month back... It's been several since we seen a Rammus picked, let alone a Rammus ban.. Other choices just work better.

But Ill i have to chime in is after the philo, getting a Heart of Gold would be a wise choice.

Toizoel

08-20-2012

Philo into sherelias with merc treads and sunfire then warmogs/FON/thornmail depending on what is killing you in the teamfights

AlphariusRising

08-20-2012

Basically, build SOME armor no matter what, and then counterbuild who got fed on the enemy team.

KnightxSScarlett

08-20-2012

Don't play Rammus. He's really lacking for a jungler. Easily countered, lackluster ganks, and extremely mana reliant.

Enygm4

08-20-2012

Personallyg start with Doran's shield, then if in my lane are a carry or another AD (I always play bot with him) I buy thornmail (its amazing, today I kill a twitch just with my thornmail, my W and my taunt, so he killed himself), then FoN (balanced team), warmog, raduins, and GA or frozen hearth for CD, sorry I forgot my boots I buy boots after Doran's shield and complete in mobility boots after thornmail, speed!!!! You are in top, bot, mid in 5 secs, no one can escape for your Q (789 MS)

maximumboss

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Don't play Rammus. He's really lacking for a jungler. Easily countered, lackluster ganks, and extremely mana reliant.
I think he's still quite solid. He's a very beginner friendly ganker/jungler due to his innate tankiness and massively strong CC. Not sure why you say his ganks are lackluster. His ganks are superb. It's almost always a guaranteed kill if you roll up on an overextended lane.

Anyways, to OP. My typical jungle rams build is:

Regrowth+1 pot >>
Philo+boots+maybe ward >>
Heart+tier 2 boots+ward >>
Kindlegem +Chain vest >>
Warden's mail + possib giant belt or ruby crystal for warmogs >>
Warmoggs + situational item depending on what we are fighting.

He's a lousy farmer, so you need early GP10. He's also still squishy without health, so lots of easy-to-get health items.

Lane rammus would be a similar build.

KnightxSScarlett

08-20-2012

The reason I say Rammus is a bad jungler is because everyone else does his job so much better. A lobotomized monkey can gank overextended champs easily. It's not unique to Rammus. If you want strong ganks early on, why not play Lee Sin? Why not play Nocturne? If you want a tank for lategame with AoE, why not go Amumu? If you want counter jungling... you better not choose Rammus because he sucks at it. Rammus is just a weak jungler overall and that 3s taunt (which you don't even get the full 3s until lvl 5 taunt) isn't worth it.

maximumboss

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
The reason I say Rammus is a bad jungler is because everyone else does his job so much better. A lobotomized monkey can gank overextended champs easily. It's not unique to Rammus. If you want strong ganks early on, why not play Lee Sin? Why not play Nocturne? If you want a tank for lategame with AoE, why not go Amumu? If you want counter jungling... you better not choose Rammus because he sucks at it. Rammus is just a weak jungler overall and that 3s taunt (which you don't even get the full 3s until lvl 5 taunt) isn't worth it.
Hyperbole and context-less arguments are a poor tool to use on these forums. A lobotomized monkey is indeed, unable to even operate a basic keyboard, let alone Windows OS. Yes, of course in each category listed there is a corresponding champ who shines above all. What your argument fails to also include is that Rammus is what I like to call an all-rounder. He does many things well.

>>Why not play Lee-sin for ganks?

Why not play shaco or Diana for that matter. Because those champions are innately squishy without dependable hard CC. No champion is without weakness/flaw.

>>Why not play amumu for tanking?

Why not play jungle malphite or sejauni? Why play anything but the top tier tanking jungler? Because different champions are different. Rammus brings a powerful anti-AD element to any teamcomp while also excelling at interrupting channeled abilities. He's innately durable and fast, which is something that a lot of tanks don't have both of.

My point isn't that Rammus is super duper OK no buffs needed, but moreso that he is a very solid champion in his own right. He's one of my most dependable junglers because he's a strong provider throughout the entire game.