Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to win.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThanksALatte

09-22-2010

Very good. I remember my biggest problem (still crops up sometimes) is that I rage after a 1v1 death and vow to get revenge. Usually leads to atleast 3 more deaths.

Greyford Godlike

09-22-2010

Thanks.

Greyford Godlike

09-22-2010

bump.

Greyford Godlike

09-23-2010

bump.

Kadzin

09-23-2010

Quote:
The MythStalker:
Or....ALWAYS CHOOSE JANNA!!!!!

this^

havikryan

09-23-2010

qeustion1

how can you win if your whole team is DPS besides me being soraka and there team al buying thornmail and my team not buying anything of armor.

there team:
annie
mordekaiser
shaco
sona
master yi

my team:
mf
brolaf
twisted fate
nidalee (going dps)
and me soraka

now tell me how can i win this with there team calling misses and my team not saying misses nor buying armor nor magic res

Polaritie

Recruiter

09-23-2010

Quote:
havikryan:
qeustion1

how can you win if your whole team is DPS besides me being soraka and there team al buying thornmail and my team not buying anything of armor.

there team:
annie
mordekaiser
shaco
sona
master yi

my team:
mf
brolaf
twisted fate
nidalee (going dps)
and me soraka

now tell me how can i win this with there team calling misses and my team not saying misses nor buying armor nor magic res

You're pretty much dead if your team comp is awful and your opponents' is solid, especially if they communicate. Your team got outplayed, it happens. (In normal especially, sadly)

I'm glad to see someone state the purpose of last hitting: denying. I don't have time in game to explain the whole concept when my teammate is autoattacking the creeps in a 2v1 lane. (Seriously, its 2v1, easiest deny ever) Pushing creeps to their turret doesn't deny. It just spoon-feeds them safe xp and last hits. Sure, they might kill one more creep per wave if they aren't under the turret, but by pushing the lane immediately you guarantee that you won't be able to kill them. You can't turret dive at level 2.

T3kn0man

09-23-2010

Excellent post OP. +1!

Greyford Godlike

09-23-2010

Quote:
havikryan:
qeustion1

there team:
annie
mordekaiser
shaco
sona
master yi

my team:
mf
brolaf
twisted fate
nidalee (going dps)
and me soraka

Quote:
Team Setup

#1 A team needs a balanced setup, mostly the core goes with 1tank 1support 1magical dd 1physical dd.

#2 Think as a teamplayer, pick claivoyance/ fortify/ heal/ clarity/ exhaust if you do not absolutly need your 2nd summoner spell slot.

#3 A team needs a healthy amount of stuns (~2)
A good lineup is just the basis to do a well game, you cannot win with this lineup against a good team setup, which works out well, it's because your enemies can lower your damage for a low amount of gold, but you cannot.
That's just logical, 100def are cheaper than 100def+100mdef.

In your example, Nidalee should notice that you have 4dps 1tank and go the ap way, Twisted Fate could maybe go hybrid, I know it's not that good, but better than having a full dps team.

curtisebear

09-23-2010

or buy MF and go up at least 200 for no reason