How to win.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greyford Godlike

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomtasks View Post
I'm going to have to agree with yellowfrog that everyone buy wards. It's easier to place them than having one or 2 people waste time traveling the entire map to set up a string. I play tank more often than not and they depend on items just like everyone else. An XP/gold starved tank is a squishy tank. And a squishy tank won't be around long enough to 'tank' anything other than the rage from the self righteous carry that thinks the world owes them everything.
You seem to misunderstand me.
I didn't say the nondds have to buy ALL wards and travel around the WHOLE map, that's false. But I said that the nondds should buy the major part of wards, of course it would be ridiculous if there is a lane with 2 dds and a tank from botlane goes the whole way up to ward their place, that's just #1 use common sense.

But never the less, 500 gold hurt more on a DD than they do on a tank or support.
A tank isn't focused anyway and mainly his job is to open the fight and cc the enemies, you don't need items for that.
But buying many wards doesn't mean you have an empty inventory, so you should be tanky enough even when you buy a lot of wards.

Kilano

09-15-2010

Great post!

Greyford Godlike

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilano View Post
Great post!
Thanks.

Greyford Godlike

09-16-2010

Bump.

Kcmav

09-16-2010

I thought the carries should buy the wards, not all but most.
I'm down for getting 1-2, but my ability to farm as most tanks is slowwwwww and painful.
Don't get me on average I buy at least 2 over the course of the game.

AIM7Sparrow

09-16-2010

Great tips.

And if all else fails: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=251318

Just know you deserve to be high Elo anyways.

Greyford Godlike

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcmav View Post
I thought the carries should buy the wards, not all but most.
I'm down for getting 1-2, but my ability to farm as most tanks is slowwwwww and painful.
Don't get me on average I buy at least 2 over the course of the game.
Tanks and supporters have less creep- and championkills, but never the less they have enough money to have a good core build, which sufficies to do their job.
That's why they should buy most of the wards, carries can buy more damage then, and that's what decides a clash.

That's just like math:
A tank with more items can tank better, but also he needs to tank longer, because the carries need more time to kill.
The other way round, a tank with less items can tank worse, but he needs to tank for a shorter time, because the carries deal more damage.

And I just prefer the second way, because 10 atk for example can be deciding if an enemy dies or gets away with really low hp.
A better equipped tank just decides if he dies or survives, but even if he dies, this isn't a matter, because he did his job and probably many enemies died.

Aside carries need to buy some survivability besides their damage stuff, I don't get why many people think the other way round, it is so obvious that tanks have more gold for wards, than carries, because they are way less dependent on items and less gamebreaking!

Greyford Godlike

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
Great tips.

And if all else fails: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=251318

Just know you deserve to be high Elo anyways.
Lol. xD

Greyford Godlike

09-17-2010

Bump.

Raejack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

always buy wards. thats really all you need.