Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jarvan help please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Misae

08-17-2012

Recently I've been maining Jarvan in ranked. He is absurdly fun to me. And his EQ combo is wonderful for ganking and escapes.

I used to main support for about 500 ranked games. And gone from 657 ELO to now 1183. Its not a high rank but it shows improvement.

I do have a question about maybe some tweaks on my build with him if anyone may help.

RUNES: ArmPen x9
Armor x9
MR PER LVL x9
MS Quints x3
Sometimes I do run 3 Fortitude Quints. And 9 AS marks instead of ArmPen.

Masteries 9-21-0

I jungle him and solo top. Once I played support and that worked decent but as support I ran different runes.

My build: Start Philo
Boots
HoG
Merc threads
Trinity force
Warmogs
Atmas
Then I sell Philo for Natures Fury or QSS.
Starting also after buying my first 3 items I always have a red elixir on me. Helps a lot even if.only used as a quick heal or counter to ignite.

He's come to be by far my favorite champion but just learning how to master him is enjoyable. Any ideas how to improve my build or thoughts on improving gameplay with him would be helpful. Thank you.

Misae

08-17-2012

Bump

Etherimp

08-17-2012

For runes you should have a mix of AD and Armor Pen for jungling. I guess Movespeed is okay, but I think I like the benefit of the AD/Armor pen mix better. With 2 gap closers and flash you really don't need the movespeed.

Misae

08-18-2012

Quote:
Etherimp:
For runes you should have a mix of AD and Armor Pen for jungling. I guess Movespeed is okay, but I think I like the benefit of the AD/Armor pen mix better. With 2 gap closers and flash you really don't need the movespeed.

I use the MS for better positioning on hanks but I guess ArmPen or AD quints could be better. I'm not sure