Recovering from a counter jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ten Inch Rooster

08-17-2012

I usually jungle (not in ranked yet) and I often do something that's rarely if ever done to me. I don't think I've ever been in a game where the opposing jungler gained any ground after I do this. Basically if I can get both the top or bot laner (depending on blue or purple) and mid to leash blue enough where I can finish it off without Smite and I know the other jungler is a blue router I will immediately rush and steal his red and leave 1 little lizard. On my way back I will often be able to secure a level 2 gank and then I teleport back to claim my own red before their jungler can criss-cross the map after the discovery. I carry on my merry way after this back into the rotation (often I find they've invaded my jungle to try and pick up some camps to compensate) and they are easily killed as I'm at the very least red buffed at this point.

So my question is anticipatory in nature. How would you recover from this and play catch up with being behind exp wise, camp timer wise, and missing your red buff to secure early ganks with?

PhoEater

08-17-2012

You don't. Once you're behind they're jungler, you're behind unless you can catch him low or get some good ganks for exp.

Treza

08-17-2012

focus on repeatedly securing golems and possibly stick around and hold a lane while someone backs is all i can think of unless you can just get some easy ganks. golems give a lot of exp for their respawn time and if you can get them right when they respawn for 5 or so rounds that golem exp will add up and you should be back in it level wise. another thing but im not sure how realistic this is..... would be to urge your team to back off dragon when you kill it, so you get all the exp for it. im not sure how much it gives but i would suspect its far more than a red or blue buff does. and if you can suck up all of that exp it would make up lost ground potentially. it could be dangerous depending on circumstances though! and it could be better to just share that exp with your teammates anyway but who knows im just theorizing on the dragon thing

Sam Is Whoa

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoEater View Post
You don't. Once you're behind they're jungler, you're behind unless you can catch him low or get some good ganks for exp.
So you cant come back. But you give ways that you can recover...... You seem confused.

Glitter Gem

08-17-2012

Play safer, a level 1 team fight can dictate how early game will play out. If you have to farm off your turret go for it. And if you can nab a strategic point, like dragon, get it. But play safer than you normally do.