The greatest Garen build EVER

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruka Urushibara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Oh man, I put randuins twice, basically. That was supposed to be aegis.

LeetMasterAce

10-06-2012

Don't build Warmog's on Garen. It doesn't solve any of his problems (lacking CC) and doesn't synergize with anything in his kit (if you argue for his passive, I'd say urdoinitrong if you buy items that synergize with abilities that take 10 seconds to activate).

Consider that his W offers percentage-based bonuses to both Armor AND MR and you have a great argument for building one solid MR and Armor item (which your build has). Once you stack enough of these and need some HP, Frozen Mallet is really going to help you stick to targets (Decisive Strike procs it) while providing additional damage AND plenty of HP.

cerabrete2

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pethrax View Post
IonDragonX and Ruka Urushibara, you both are wasting the potential of Atma's.

If you get Atma's, please make it worthwhile?
Atma's i already worthwhile on garen since he gets 3 stats he benefits from. Armor, crit and AD. As you said the ad from just 300 bonus hp is still 38 damage since Garen's hp at lvl 18 is so high. This is more than a pickaxe. If you want to get HP items just to do 30 more damage from atma's you are buying them for the wrong reasons. I'm not hating on buying some HP on Garen since I think its a good idea, but if you want damage get an IE or some other damage item.

MartinLongbowww

10-06-2012

dont care about runes but:
start with dorans blade then
boots of swiftness
infinity edge
phantom dancer
frozen mallet
warmogs
and ive never gotten this far but i think guardians angel.
do u really want to target a garen with 3800 health and guardians angel?

FloconDeMiel

10-06-2012

boots of swiftness lol. Do that ****. proceed to get stunned and see your dmg reduced to 0

TheLastBaron88

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewDesease View Post
boots of swiftness lol. Do that ****. proceed to get stunned and see your dmg reduced to 0
Merc Treads dont prevent stuns, they reduce their duration. By seconds, or more commonly fractions of seconds. Garen is tanky enough to last a second or two without attacking, and besides, he basically deals burst anyway.

Helter Kremlin

10-07-2012

I play Garen conditionally. I've used him as an AD carry, a jungler (yes, it works), a Tank and a support. I build him according to what I need and when it comes to Garen, I never fail to contribute greatly to my team, win or lose.

TealNinje

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 View Post
Merc Treads dont prevent stuns, they reduce their duration. By seconds, or more commonly fractions of seconds. Garen is tanky enough to last a second or two without attacking, and besides, he basically deals burst anyway.
If I'm playing Singed, what boots do I build?

Mercury Treads. Because I'm goddamn Singed, and I don't have time for any of that CC ****.

TheLastBaron88

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealNinje View Post
If I'm playing Singed, what boots do I build?

Mercury Treads. Because I'm goddamn Singed, and I don't have time for any of that CC ****.
Haha, Singed. I love Singed. Gotta say, I really never build Swift boots on Singed, just because he is so fast with his ult anyways. Not to mention that I usually run Ghost on him for good measure. The MR alone is a better investment than swift boots currently, I think.
As for Garen, I am really enjoying the synergy between Ghostblade and Randuin's active effects. Being able to boost my MS and AS, while dropping an AoE that does the opposite to nearby enemies, really makes it easy to punish enemies who are out of position.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 View Post
Haha Garen makes solo laners hug turrets dude. Boots 3 pots and Decisive Strike for lane dominance.
funny how I always seem to trade with Garen when playing the "weakest solo top" AKA Poppy...

Garen isn't scary to anyone who knows his cooldowns and how to counter him with items.. anyone with the right early item build OR skill set can prevent his passive from triggering