Item Idea: Discuss.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExjK

10-09-2012

It's essential for all roles to be responsible for a ward or 2 throughout an entire game. What's cool is that most AD champs can pick up a Wriggle's Lantern which not only provides a consistent ward but also the life steal, ad and armor of course.

What I noticed though is (despite relying on constant wards as a support), there is no item with mana/health/regen/cdr or AP that also has an on active ward. I find myself trying to save a spot in my 6 slot inventory for wards at all times, even when I could be using the slot for something better or something that will build into my late game items.

TLDR: I would like to see an item similar to Wriggle's Lantern that has Ability Power relevant stats and an on active ward.

I think the support/ap community will really respond to such an item. Even a mid champion may consider purchasing this item and making use of the ward it provides so that vision is rarely an issue. Not to mention the few ap junglers who could really appreciate an item that benefits their jungle capabilities as well as provide this ever-so-necessary vision of the map.

I figured I would add an image of what this item could look like.

ExjK

10-10-2012

Item Spec Ideas.

Prerequisites - Hextech Revolver (Amplifying Tome + Amplifying Tome)
Fiendish Codex (Amplifying Tome + Meki Pendant)

Total Cost - (1200+1125)+10% = 2,558g *wriggles costs 1600g total

Stats - 75 AP / 10 Mana Regen / 15% Spell Vamp / Unique Active: Places a Sight Ward at target location. 3 minute cooldown. (600 cast range).
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Prerequisites - Fiendish Codex (Amplifying Tome + Meki Pendant)
Heart of Gold (Ruby Crystal)

Total Cost - (1125 + 825) + 10% = 2,145g

Stats - 35 AP / 10 Mana Regen / 250 Health / Unique Active: Places a Sight Ward at target location. 3 minute cooldown. (600 cast range).
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Prerequisites - Glacial Shroud (Chain Mail + Sapphire Crystal)
Meki Pendant

Total Cost - (1525 + 390) + 10% = 2,110g

Stats - 50 Armor / 450 Mana / 10 Mana Regen / Unique Active: Places a Sight Ward at target location. 3 minute cooldown. (600 cast range).

Irelia Bot

10-10-2012

I can not agree that this is a good idea.

As much as many would like an AP ward producing item it isn't likely to happen. I almost feel like they need to take away the ward from Wriggle's and reduce the price by 100 gold just to end this whole "AD's have it so AP's shoud too" way of thinking.

But if you want a decent explanation AP champs have better items as far as it goes for GP10.

Kages builds into 2 good AP items one provides % health burst the other Grievous Wounds. Wriggle's is the final item in it's line it doesn't build into anything. It is somewhat limiting and is usually only built for the same reason that brutalizer is built. It offers good things for the price and is great early/mid game but there are better items in the game and when there is a team fight a Bloodthirster will often be better.

Wriggle's is alright overall but great for one thing in specific, jungling. take away the chance of extra damage against minions and the ward and you have an item that is not really all that exciting. It is a lot like moonflair spellblade in that it isn't a bad item but there is not much about it that makes it stick out or have any reason to get it over other items.

If you buy Kage's then you have a item that builds into something that is good late game. Where as Wriggle's is an item that requires sacrificing a better item for a while in order to help you now.

Currently supports have to sacrifice an item slot in order to carry wards. It isn't required that they do so but it they sacrifice an item slot in the name of map awareness. No single ward item will ever be able to change this.

ExjK

10-10-2012

It doesn't need to be a late game item, it would serve the same purpose as Wriggle's except from an AP standpoint. It's not a matter of "AD's have it so AP's shoud too", it's more that it fits for any ap role looking to have a ward on hand. Supports, yes, will most likely sacrifice a slot for more wards anyway, but there are plenty other ap champs that fit into other roles which do not rely on wards.

This item would simply be an incentive for people in other roles (playing as AP) to have at least 1 ward every 3 mins.