Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nasus - Jungle and Solo Top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chris Spencer

08-17-2012

I am interested in making my main champion Nasus and have a few questions.

1. Does he ever get banned in Ranked games?

2. Is he viable in Ranked games?

3. Is he a relatively quick jungler?

4. Is he a good solo top?

5. On a scale of 1-10, how good is he at what he was designed to do? (10 being best, 1 being trash)

Thanks

SSJXVIThead

08-17-2012

people have different opinions About nasus hes a good solid champion that i personally Like Nasus as he was my first Champion I really played

hes not high on the ban list he has yet to appear on top 10

Ive never tried jungling but i suspect it would be good as nasus with the cost of his Q

all champions are viable for ranked in some way or another its all dependant on your team comp and playstyle

as for a scale Arbitrary numbers are stupid honestly Relying on a number is different for different people I think nasus is a decently strong champion if played right but then again i also think 6 boots cho gath is perfectly viable

I really dont have enough Ranked Experience to say for sure that hes totally pro ranked pick but I can tell you that very few things can beat a good solid Nasus player who knows how to win as nasus

Chris Spencer

08-17-2012

good honest answer. ^

any other opinions?

KaiSong

08-17-2012

Anything is viable in ranked games if you know your matchup and how to play your character.
Nasus is a niche pick. You need a jungler with a relatively strong early game and you have to know that its pretty much a farm lane top or the enemy toplane has no kill potential on you so the enemy toplane doesnt just kill you and get away with it.
Nasus relies heavily on farming early and if you cant get your lane phase to go on long enough then youre going to be screwed. But if you do manage to get ahead, you become a hypercarry, even with just tank items, you can do massive damage late game.

Jesot

08-17-2012

Even if you aren't counter picked, smart players will end laning quickly. That is why pulling off Nasus in ranked is really tough.

futuresight23

08-17-2012

Quote:
Chris Spencer:
I am interested in making my main champion Nasus and have a few questions.

1. Does he ever get banned in Ranked games?

2. Is he viable in Ranked games?

3. Is he a relatively quick jungler?

4. Is he a good solo top?

5. On a scale of 1-10, how good is he at what he was designed to do? (10 being best, 1 being trash)

Thanks

1. Never say never banned but I don't think you'll have to worry about him getting banned. 6 bans, over 100 champions, not everyone of them can be banned.

2. Yes with and against the right team comp.

3. He has decent sustain with his passive, decent speed and with Wither has a decent enough gank if it can be taken advantage of. The problem is that he does not get the farm he needs for his Q in the jungle to be a force of destruction. That really stops him from being Nasus if he is played as a jungler.

4. Yes under the right circumstances. With a strong jungler and a passive farm lane up top, Nasus can farm minions to boost his Q damage and in 20-25 minutes deal a lot of damage while building full tank to complement a Sheen or Triforce. If he is not able to get that farm, the best case scenario will be that he can get Wither on the AD carry and debuff some armor with Spirit Fire while hopefully drawing some fire away from your primary damage dealers.

5. 8 if they designed him to be a champion with late game juggernaut potential.

If you like him, he is probably worth learning.

iDpark

08-17-2012

Banned? To my knowledge, Almost never.
Viable, occasionally. He's a situational pick.
Slow jungle to my knowledge. i haven't tried it but he needs more creeps. His lategame as jungler falls off. Wither is a great lv 1 exhaust if you choose to invade though.
He's A good top against some. Dominates others, and fails miserably to harass. But after laning phase, you pretty much dominate, if you can hit that q.

One of the best tanky lategame dps. Full CD reduction = a boss.

Power Slam

08-18-2012

1. never
2. situational
3. very slow
4. very situational, he gets wrecked by alot of popular top laners
5. 7 at being a late game hypercarry if farmed

Etherimp

08-18-2012

Never banned.

Good top-lane in the right situations. (Outlined above) Bad against certain champs who shut him down.
http://www.championselect.net/champ/Nasus

Don't jungle him. He's better top lane.

As far as his rating..

If built properly and farmed, with a decent team supporting him, he can absolutely mop up a team fight without hardly taking a scratch.

If built improperly, underfarmed, or with a team who has no CC, and no beefiness? He's worthless.

Strengths - Nice AOE damage from his ult. His Q hits like a truck when farmed. He is naturally quite tanky. He has a nice debuff from his AOE, and his targetted slow (wither) is basically an "Exhaust" summoner spell on a short cooldown. It absolutely shuts down any kind of AD carry and makes it easy to catch slippery *******s like Teemo or Nidalee.

Weaknesses - Easily kited. Requires a lot of farm to perform well. Relatively useless for early game.

To combat being kited, I build the following on him: Merc Treads, Trinity Force, Randuins Omen, Shyrelia's Reverie, Force of Nature and either

a Last Whisper (For more damage)
a Thornmail (To counter the only champs who can reasonably kill you - AD carries),
a Guardian Angel (To revive after dying, if their team has tons of CC and you are the primary source of damage for your team)

Furthermore, I run him 9/21/0 for defense, movespeed, and armor pen, and I use Exhaust and Ghost.

Trinity Force, and Force of Nature give you additional movespeed.
Trinity Force procs slows on hits.
Randuins Omen has an AOE slow active, and slows attack speed of Auto-attackers who focus you.
Shyrelias Reverie has an AOE speed boost for your team.
Exhaust gives you another Wither on a longer cooldown.
Ghost gives you a relatively long duration speed boost.
Merc Treads reduce the duration of slows/stuns/etc.

Basssically, this build makes it ALMOST impossible for the enemy team to kite you. You can ghost into a teamfight, Ulti, wither the AD carry, 2-3 shot them, then blow Shyrelias to catch up to anyone who scatters, then Randuins omen active to slow all of them, and exhaust to lock down the one you want to kill, and you still have more natural movespeed and your wither should be off cooldown by now.

Ghost/Exhaust also makes you difficult to gank on top lane. Ganker comes flying out of the bush? Exhaust him and wither your lane opponent.. run back to your turret.

He comes again a minute later? Wither one of them while you ghost away from the other.

GhostDonkeys

08-18-2012

Make sure you
NEVER

EVER

EVER

pick Nasus before they pick their solo top. They will choose Riven and make you absolutely useless for the rest of the game.