Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is late game LeBlanc just that horrible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-17-2012

I've heard many say she's fine early game to mid game. But she just can't survive in team fights and she won't make that much of a contribution.

Is this true?

Can't LB's just stay a little back during team fights when cc's are off then assassinate the opponent carry?

Also, is she played often on high elo?

Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

Sephïroth

08-17-2012

Here's the story on LeBlanc.

Her early game is amazing, and she can virtually shut down the enemy's team AP Carry.

Her mid game is Good-Great depending on how dominate she was in mid lane.

Her late game has a serious skill cap. Since her buff, she's more able to get to that carry and burst them and get out. She is what her description says: Assassin. Her job is to kill a carry, and if she does that then she's doing her job.

She's played in higher elo, but honestly until you get above 2000 elo, I'd just have fun. She's quite able to carry a game, because her early game usually allows her to kill or base mid's ap, and go gank other lanes. Typically a good leblanc will save the last hit for other lanes, because she cannot teamfight well.

A great LeBlanc can zero out an enemy team 1 by 1 in a teamfight, and that's what she's meant to do. Most LeBlanc's I've seen cannot do anything late game. When you do run into one, you're just screwed if you're the carry, and you have to rely on your team to either kill her or kill the rest.

Illusionism

08-17-2012

Quote:
Reimie:
Here's the story on LeBlanc.

Her early game is amazing, and she can virtually shut down the enemy's team AP Carry.

Her mid game is Good-Great depending on how dominate she was in mid lane.

Her late game has a serious skill cap. Since her buff, she's more able to get to that carry and burst them and get out. She is what her description says: Assassin. Her job is to kill a carry, and if she does that then she's doing her job.

She's played in higher elo, but honestly until you get above 2000 elo, I'd just have fun. She's quite able to carry a game, because her early game usually allows her to kill or base mid's ap, and go gank other lanes. Typically a good leblanc will save the last hit for other lanes, because she cannot teamfight well.

A great LeBlanc can zero out an enemy team 1 by 1 in a teamfight, and that's what she's meant to do. Most LeBlanc's I've seen cannot do anything late game. When you do run into one, you're just screwed if you're the carry, and you have to rely on your team to either kill her or kill the rest.

Agreed fully, I honestly think her late game thing is just a myth. Several times have I gotten delayed pentas and quadras from deceiving the enemy team. Which I think Leblanc 100% is meant to do late game, to cause utter confusion.

thepantsparty

08-18-2012

She can't burst tanks, and she can't get off her full combo on carries because if she's using her dash to get past the tanks she isn't using it for damage. If she doesn't assassinate the enemy carry in one go, she doesn't provide any other real utility while she waits on her spells to be ready again.

TeknoWizard

08-18-2012

You have to play her as exactly what she is. An assassin. Go for the carries. And if you get them, awesome. If you don't, you've probably just drawn massive focus away from other members of your team like, say, the late game top laners that work very well with LeBlanc like Jax. Just go to the back, (Try lurking to the sides of fights so you get an easy shot at the AD/AP), then swoop in, burst someone out of the fight, run, get CD's again, and go back in. Also, work with your support to get good ward coverage in their jungle, because LeBlanc in an amazing ambusher. See their AD going for their red? Set yourself up in the Wraith bush, and jump his ass when he starts walking back. ALWAYS be ready to capitalize on bad positioning, even if it's just the support sweeping for wards. Kill everyone that separates. You're gunna want to abuse fear like people would with old Eve or Twitch. They won't want to split, because they don't know if you're waiting for someone. Oh, and there's nothing wrong with going Flash>Q>R>W>E then dying in a late game teamfight. If you get the AD in one of those "Must Win" team fights, you've just traded kills IMMENSELY in your favor.

TL;DR: She's an assassin. Play her as such. Ambush hoes in the jungle and dive for the AD.

M0nkeyM4n

08-18-2012

no she isnt that bad late game she can still burst down an adc at full late game. i think people just say that so people dont play LB.

MW A55 Violator

08-18-2012

Every game I play with let blanc I go mid and score up about 7-10 kills ganking,killing other AP mid and mid game when team fights happen I get more kills so but the time its late game I'm fed enough to still completely destroy,just target squishies and you should kill them in one burst,O and target teemo,no one likes teemo

Safe Death

08-18-2012

Just get fed, which shouldnt be hard LOL