My supports' death, was this my fault really? What could I have done?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-17-2012

So, earlier today, I played my 5th ever ranked game as Caitlyn and Soraka, against a Vayne and Blitzcrank.

Unfortunately, I played extra cautious and safely rather than aggresively, all just because of Blitzcrank. So they were always pushed, and we were turret hugging, I prioritized in the cs I can get and tried harassing when I was shielded by minions for BC's grab. I told Raka to just stay behind me rather than in front or beside me, just because Cait's can run better.

However, Raka got sucked by Blitz thrice, giving a kill each for Vayne, Blitz, and their jungler Yi, and I gave one to Annie who ganked from our jungle. Our lane got ultimately blown by 4 people gank, and ended up with 0/1, 0/3.

During mid game team fights, I was dumb founded since we were actually stomped all the time from the enemy team. Nobody really focused on Vayne during teamfights, and it soon led her getting triple kills on us. This soon led our mid and top focusing their words on me saying why I sucked so much.

I just ended the conversation apologizing, but when I think of it now, I just couldn't figure out what I could've done in that situation. I tried to save Raka by attacking back but she would eventually die, what was I to do?

I tried asking for ganks but we never got one despite us hugging the tower all the time and them overextending the whole time. Reason why our jungler couldn't gank was because our top wasn't that good and would rage for ganks. So it led our jungler usually camping always at top.

Tl;DR. Ganked so many times by mid and jungler, Raka sucked in by Blitz all the time she can giving kills (also adding the fact that she never did ward drag), top jungle mid were just bad like us unable to actually help each other for ganks, our jungler camped top. Solution?

Why is it usually the adc that gets blamed for almost everything? But more than anything, for future reference, it would be wonderful if you can offer me a solution to this kind of situation.

Tynq

08-17-2012

its easier to blame the adc then the support

Epicpies

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynq View Post
its easier to blame the adc then the support
Which is why it is always the supports and junglers taking the blame?
Back on topic, no there wasn't anything you could really do OP, your team was probably just getting a bit irritated in the game, which made them say that. Although a few more wards could have helped stop a few of those deaths. Such as the mid/jungle ganks, if you saw them you could have moved back a bit. Also if you had a ward in the lane bush, then you could have seen when blitz moved forward to go for a hook. If you didn't have wards in these places then try to next time, just ask your support nicely and if they can't/wont then just get one yourself its only 75g.

Luxiere

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicpies View Post
Which is why it is always the supports and junglers taking the blame?
Back on topic, no there wasn't anything you could really do OP, your team was probably just getting a bit irritated in the game, which made them say that. Although a few more wards could have helped stop a few of those deaths. Such as the mid/jungle ganks, if you saw them you could have moved back a bit. Also if you had a ward in the lane bush, then you could have seen when blitz moved forward to go for a hook. If you didn't have wards in these places then try to next time, just ask your support nicely and if they can't/wont then just get one yourself its only 75g.
Note taken. Well, we did ward the brush where Blitz would camp and do this thing, however Raka just seemed to like hugs from Blitz a lot.

Though I will try to ward more for future games when this ever happens. I guess 3 wasn't enough ;-;

FrozenRyan

08-17-2012

Wrong pick... against blitz take alistar, corki, leona, even taric...

Epicpies

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRyan View Post
Wrong pick... against blitz take alistar, corki, leona, even taric...
What's to say they didn't get counter picked?

I Love Slurpees

08-17-2012

Sounds to me you didn't set up enough traps. That is the best way to discourage a blitz from pushing so hard. Was your jungles fault. Bot lane presence is very important against a blitz support

Cane Mint

08-17-2012

i play soraka.. so first of all soraka cait is not that great a lane vs a vayne blitz.

the thing is that you and soraka should have the bush warded bc blitz grab is really easy to dodge and they wouldnt be able to zone you out that way

since you guys have sustain and they dont you have to focus on poking more than cs because they have to go back to heal and you guys dont.