Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

SPOILERS Syndra's lore is awesome

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Munchlord

09-01-2012

Quote:
1Eredale:
What can I say, if you prefer to whine like this over something that is not even forced on you with such a narrow viewpoint, I can't do anything to help you. You tell me I am illiterate, yet you are not even able to properly understand written text. Let me give you a little hint - you are reading fiction, and not just some fiction, but fantasy. So instead of mulling over the letters layed out on the surface, shouldn't you, I don't know... apply some actual imagination? Think? Use your cognitive abilities that differentiate humans from animals? So far, you're just throwing baseless statements around, and your last post just increased their amount. It may be surprising to you, but the fact that you can rephrase the same thing several times does not make it any more valid than it is.

However, if you simply insist on smearing dirt all over another person's work, I would advise you to do it elsewhere, and preferrably away from people. Unlike you, I know what criticism is - constructive criticism is always welcome, no matter how harsh it may be, because it helps writers/artists/musicians to improve their works. You, however, do not criticize at all, but shout your dislike out loud for everyone to hear because, apparently, that's how civilized people do things. Sadly, it's not.

I like Syndra's lore because it's written well and is understandable on several levels of depth with the application of some thought. You dislike Syndra's lore because you can't see any depth, any coherency, and imply that it's written badly. I brought you arguments against the latter two, and it is not my fault that you are not willing to spend time to think about the character, but instead are willing to spend it in ignorant forum cussing.

If you don't want to have an actually constructive discussion, then so be it. I leave you to your precious opinion - you are free to spit more poison at Riot's creative work as you see fit.

He actually pointed out the places in the text that points towards what he concluded and away from the conclusions you have drawn.

Now I do understand a desperate desire to make the piece of lore not suck and create a card house of conjecture to fix it, but that is more of a suit of ways the lore could be improved than an imagery of it not being bad in the first place.

Honestly, Arcane reminds me, in his method of critizising, of a guy I used to know who went by the handle Khael. If I could pick only one guy to provide critique on my writing, the part of it I want to try to publish, it'd be him. No mistake left unmentioned, and no stone unturned.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

09-04-2012

Quote:
Munchlord:
He actually pointed out the places in the text that points towards what he concluded and away from the conclusions you have drawn.

Now I do understand a desperate desire to make the piece of lore not suck and create a card house of conjecture to fix it, but that is more of a suit of ways the lore could be improved than an imagery of it not being bad in the first place.

Honestly, Arcane reminds me, in his method of critizising, of a guy I used to know who went by the handle Khael. If I could pick only one guy to provide critique on my writing, the part of it I want to try to publish, it'd be him. No mistake left unmentioned, and no stone unturned.

I think that's quite the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me in the LoL community, thank you.