SPOILERS Syndra's lore is awesome

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

My Tears

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

"Power belong to those who can wield it."

Born with immense magical potential, Syndra loves nothing more than exercising the incredible power at her command.With each passing day, her mastery of magical force grows more potent and devastating. Refusing any notion of balance or restraint, Syndra wants only to retain control of her power, even if it means annihilating the authorities that seek to stop her.

Throughout her youth in Ionia, Syndra's reckless use of magic terrified the elders of her village. They took her to a remote temple, leaving her in the care of an old mage. To Syndra's delight, the mage explained that the temple was a school, a place where she could develop her talents under his guidance. Though she learned much during her time there, Syndra no longer felt her power growing as it had in her youth. Her frustration grew, and she finally confronted her mentor, demanding an explanation. He revealed that he had dampened Syndra's magic, hoping to help her learn control and restraint. Accusing him of betrayal, she advanced on the mage, commanding him to lift the spell that was holding her back. He backed away, telling her that if she couldn't control herself, he would be forced to nullify Syndra's magic completely. Furious, she summoned her power and dashed(?) the old man against the walls. With her mentor dead, Syndra felt the rush of her unbounded potential for the first time in years. Though she had won her freedom, she refused to return to the society that had tried to steal her gift. Instead, Syndra decided to claim her former prison as a stronghold. Pushing the boundaries of her magic, she tore the structure from its foundations and raised it into the sky. Free to delve further into her art, Syndra now aims to grow powerful enough to destroy the weak, foolish leaders of Ionia and anyone else who would dare to shackle her greatness.

Attachment 511291

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

If that's her lore, then I'll have to pass on Rengar.

This is the best "**** yeah magic" champion since Xerath. I am in love.

My Tears

08-17-2012

Think its her lore, unless riot changes it before release/my eyesight failed me on reading it. Wouldn't be certain until a higher quality video/picture pops up.

webbut

08-17-2012

I'm sure it's not final but it's looking good so far. Though I don't particularly care I'm sad for all the people who were hyped that it might be kassidin's daughter.

KiteMeGood

08-17-2012

Well we need an Evil Ionian sooner or later.

Talz

08-17-2012

I'm sorry, but I honestly think her lore is incredibly boring. She's basically just Xerath, but they removed the cool thematic elements of imprisonment.

Also, her lore strikes the question. Why would she become a League Champion? If she hates being controlled more than anything else, why shackle herself to the Institute of War and it's summoners? It doesn't make sense.

belthazor3457

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talz View Post
I'm sorry, but I honestly think her lore is incredibly boring. She's basically just Xerath, but they removed the cool thematic elements of imprisonment.

Also, her lore strikes the question. Why would she become a League Champion? If she hates being controlled more than anything else, why shackle herself to the Institute of War and it's summoners? It doesn't make sense.
^ these are some valid criticisms. Were I in her position, my next move would not be to join the league of legends. Being a champion in that case is nothing more than an exercise to work out the skills - but the thing is, you're working them out and exercising them on a field that goes out of its ways to restrict people's abilities to "balance" them (this is the lore reason behind buffs and nerfs).

Given her background, that is probably the last thing in the world she would ever want to do and is not an efficient way to exercise or showcase her -actual- abilities. As she has no legitimate political motivations or goals apart from destroying the Ionian governing force, it leaves me wondering what she stands to gain from being in the league.

Fame? I can get that by getting rid of the Ionian government or showing people that I can fly sky-islands around.

Fortune? I can use those same skills to make a gigantic amount of money.

Following? With my off-the-field power I can amass a sizeable following without the aid of the league, especially if I wipe out the Ionian government and desire to take control of the nation for myself.

And I want to compete in league matches to do all these tasks in a way that might actually be slower and less efficient? In addition to once again having my abilities shackled?

....wha?

O.o

Nisshoku03

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talz View Post
More power and a testing site for her magic

Miranda Class

08-17-2012

The League also provides asylum.

The idea of her letting herself be shackled does make some sense, actually. Think of The Princess Bride. The Dread Pirate Roberts built up an immunity to one of the deadliest poisons known to man by exposing himself to tiny amounts of it over the course of a few years. She's likely aiming for something similar, finding out how the Summoners restrain their champions and then figuring out how to counteract it, so when the time comes for her to strike, she can't be held back or imprisoned by a bunch of summoners.

Make sense?

53papers

08-17-2012

I wonder how strong her magical potential is, compared to Annie, Lux, and Ryze.

12345 ... 7