[Champion Concept] Quintis, The Master of the Elemental Spirits

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fuyuto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

Hello everyone, this is my first attempt at making a champion concept.

I will review anyone's champion concept if they leave a link for me. Please review and give feedback on my concept.

Quote:
My Feelings towards this

To be honest, I would be extremely happy if the concept I have for this Champion are
used by Riot some day.

The concept is a champion who combines the elements to deal specific bonuses. But to activate these bonuses, you must be exceptionally well timed. He will be easy to use generally, but difficult to master and use his passive correctly.

I had a lot of trouble with the Lore, as I wasn't sure how to build a good background for my Champion.

Please leave feedback where possible. I know some of my numbers may seem ridiculous but I am trying to make a Champion who can do so much, but only if you are skilled enough to use him, and tried to keep him balanced by doing so. (I know the ultimate is way OP in damage and range, but I tried to make super long cooldowns because of that)
Quintis

The Master of the Elemental Spirits

Quote:

Overview

Race: Human
Origin: (Still technically working on it as I am trying to remake my Lore)
Alliance: Unknown
Class: AP Caster,
Weapon: Spirits attacking (His spirits send out waves of energy to attack the enemy at a range for physical attacks, his abilities use spirits in other ways)
Attack Type: Ranged
Energy Source: Mana

Quintis is an AP caster who excels in AOE damage. He is able to harass the enemy team with his spells. The mechanic that makes him interesting is that if you time the use between his abilities, his second spell will cause an extra effect, but only if you time it correctly.
Quote:
Lore

"Fight fire with fire, ice with ice, lightning with lightning, and if necessary use them all" - Quintis

An ancient race of individuals who would make contracts with elemental spirits, roam the Eastern plains of Runeterra, they are the Aetherian Clan. These elemental spirits they made most of their contracts with were of the elements fire, ice and lightning.
Although each individual could only make a contract with one, Quintis, a prodigy of his clan, contracted with three spirits simultaneously. An unforetold event of his clan’s history.

To contract with the elements, one has to become lost into a world of darkness for weeks. No sounds can be heard, no light can be seen, no touch can be felt, no scent can be smelt, it was a feeling of death. From this, in their hearts, comes an image, an image of themselves, surrounded by a particular element. With this, at the end of the week, they will call forth the elemental spirit that has decided to look after you with a ritual, and then a contract will be made. Most people cannot undergo this trial, as it drives them to insanity. The terms of the contract are one may borrow the elements power to protect and destroy, but never lose themselves to its power. The young Quintis, had the image of all the elements, and therefore when it was his turn to summon the elemental spirit, he found three. He decided to name the fire spirit Ignitius, the ice spirit Glacina and the lightning spirit Fulgore. In the normal case, an individual would be assigned to a master to learn to use, and help the spirit. Quintis had three masters, and had mastered each individual element quicker then anyone in his clan.

However, Quintis was unsatisfied with his spirits, when he tried to use more than one their abilities would contradict and cancel. He attempts a completely unbelievable spell, to combine these spirits. After the spell, he believed he had failed, as the three spirits were not combined. In a fit of anger, he channelled his spirits energy, and shot an almighty blast into the sky, which could shatter the earth below. He realised how terrifying his power was and was left in awe at the power he released. He could combine his elemental abilities and was much more powerful than the whole clan. The chief wished to resign his position to the young Quintis so he could lead and protect his people. But Quintis wanted something else, he wanted to test his power, and thus he announced, he would leave the clan, and come back only when he has satisfyingly proven his ability. To test his abilities, he went to the Institute of War.
Type: Mage, pusher, ranged

Abilities:
Quote:
Passive:
Elemental combination:

Quintis's abilities can be used after each other to cause extra effects.
These effects only occur when the second ability is used appropriately after the previous ability.

Spirits attack! (decorative):
Depending on the last element used, changes the attack particle of Quintis. After Flame ring, red flames are used, after ice spike, blue ice and lightning bolt, yellow bolts. Each of these coming from their respective spirit.
Quote:

Q: Flame Ring

Quintis's flame spirit flies around Quintis at incredible speeds, creating a ring of fire that expands from Quintis to a certain range. (Takes 2.5 seconds for the spirit to reach max range)
Deals 50/80/110/140/170(+0.4 AP) Magic damage, and deals 30/45/60/75/90(+0.1 AP) damage over 5 seconds.
Range 700/700/700/700/700
Cooldown 13.5/12/10.5/9/7.5
Mana Cost 80/90/100/110/120

Quote:
Elemental combination ice (Extreme heating)
If a target was hit by Ice spikes 2.25-2.75 seconds before being hit by flame ring, the target suffers from true damage over 5 seconds instead of magic.

Elemental combination lightning (Fire starter)
If a target was hit by Lightning Strike 1.25-1.75 seconds before being hit by flame ring, the target becomes a source of fire which after 3 seconds starts another fire ring from him (dealing 30% damage to himself and 15% damage to his allies and 50% range and 25% of the damage over time)
Quote:

W: Ice Spikes

Quintis's Ice spirit digs into the soil, gathering energy to create ice spikes emerging from the ground. Ice spikes pierce through all enemies above. (Takes 0.75 seconds for spikes to appear) (spikes melt 0.4 seconds after being made and the water slows)
Deals 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.35 AP) Magic Damage, and slows enemies by 15/17/20/22/25% for 3 seconds
Range 550/550/550/550/550 AOE radius of 200 (will need adjusting as unsure how large this circle will be)
Cooldown 17/15.5/14/12.5/11
Mana Cost 60/75/100/125/150

Quote:
Elemental combination fire (Flash freeze)
If a target was hit by flame ring 3.5-4.0 seconds before being hit by ice spikes, the target becomes frozen (stunned) for 1 seconds.

Elemental combination lightning (Electric water)

If a target was hit by lightning 1.0-1.5 seconds before being hit by ice spikes, the ice spikes retain the electric current, and once the ice melts, deals 60/65/70/75/80 per second to anyone who stands in the puddle (puddle's radius is +10 of the spike radius)
Quote:
E: Lightning bolt

Quintis's Lightning spirit flies into the air, and dashes down on an enemy and zaps nearby enemies for 20% damage. Silences enemies for 1.5 seconds.
Range 650/650/650
Deals 65/115/170/230/300 (+0.5 AP) Magic Damage AOE range 120/120/120/120/120
Cooldown 20/18/16/14/12
Mana Cost 90/105/120/135/150

Quote:
Elemental Combination fire (Conductive flame)
If a target was hit by flame ring 0.75-1.25 seconds before being hit by lightning bolt, 1.2x damage is applied and all targets hit by the same flame ring also take 30% of this damage but are not silenced.

Elemental Combination ice (Electrifying ice)
If a target was hit by ice spikes 1.0-1.5 seconds before being hit by lightning bolt, the nerves in the target's legs feel paralyzed and the target is snared for 1.25 seconds.
Quote:
R: Omega blast

All three of Quintis's spirits combine into a single spirit, this spirit flies high into the sky and fires a powerful blast onto the map.
Channeling 2 seconds
Range Global
AOE radius 1200/1200/1200 (supposed to be big) (Reduced damage further away, up to 40%)
Deals 300/600/900 (+0.7 AP) Magic Damage
Cooldown 300/260/220
(Appears as a beam of light that explodes and expands massively at a quick rate)
Mana Cost 200/250/300
Quote:
(All elemental combinations can effect all targets that were hit by the previous ability)
(Please note that the time period for which the combination effect is supposed to be small to balance Quintis and keep him from spamming all attacks too quickly)
Quote:
Stats:
Level 1 (per level) level 18
Health 430 (+85) 1875
Health regen 5.5 (+0.5) 14
Mana 300 (+60) 1320
Mana regen 8.5 (+0.7) 20.4
Attack Damage 53 (+2.25) 91.25
Attack speed 0.630 (+2.25%) 0.871
Range 550 (+0) 550
Armor 14 (+3.4) 71.8
Magic Resist 28 (+1.2) 48.4
Movement speed 315 (+0) 315
Quote:
Recommended items
Doran’s ring, Sorcerer’s shoes, Athene’s Unholy Grail, Morello’s Evil Tome, Will of the Ancients, Rabadon’s Deathcap.
Quote:

Dialogue

Champion Selection: "So you wish to use the power of the elements do you?"
Movement Quotes: - "Here I come!"
- "Let's bring the heat"
- "Woah, Cool down for a second."
- "Electrifying!"
- "Is this place getting hotter or colder?"
Attack Quotes: - "Let's burn"
- "I bet you feel cold now"
- "Feeling a shock?"
- "The elements are all powerful"
- Q Use: "Feeling warmer now?"
- W Use: "Freeze!"
- E Use: "Too shocked to speak?"
- R Use: "Feel the true power of the elements!"
- Taunts: - "Is it too hot for you?"
- "Are you quivering because it's cold? Or because of me?"
- "I bet you just made a shocking discovery."
- Jokes: - "Ah!!!! I'm on fire!!!! Quit playing around Ignitius"
- "Brrrrrr! So cold, why are you doing this Glacina"
- "Fu..L..Gore... Qu...it... do...ing... tha...t..."
- Recall: "Are we going back already? I was just warming up, or was I just cooling down?"
- Champion interactions: Anivia - "Quite the cold one aren't you?"
Brand - "Who's hotter, you or me?"

- Editting: 27/08/2012
- Reduction of damage on fire starter, alterations to the ultimate, change CC duration, lower some AOE range, lower damage and AP Ratios
- Increased AOE range radius

- Editting: 28/08/2012
-Changes in Cooldown for Ice Spikes and Flame ring, change in radius for Ice Spikes and changed Ultimate range to global, altered mana cost and increased damage.

-Editting: 31/08/2012
- Changes for cooldowns on all skills but ultimate

-Editting: 04/09/2012
- Changes to Flame Ring's base damage, Mana cost of Ice Spikes and changed the layout format

-Editting 05/09/2012
- Added an overview and dialogue
- Small editting to the Lore to include names of the spirits

-Editting 10/09/2012
- Fixed AOE radii for Flame Ring and Omega Blast
- Added details to Lore

CareTakerz

08-17-2012

Bump , I like the idea of an Element Character who requires skills to use , probably needs some adjustments but other then that Good Idea

Fuyuto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

I would like some feed back/ reviews please.

kanacho

08-26-2012

Nice idea, but the numbers need tweaking. His ult is a bit too strong, and fire starter shouldn't do so much damage.

Also does his ult cause all the combination effects since it's all 3 elements?

UndeadRabbit

08-26-2012

This sounds like a really cool idea, but you should ease up on the timing requirements, because that's a lot to focus on in a team fight. As for the numbers on AoE, Stun Durations, And Damage you were right; they are pretty ridiculous. Instead of going through every single numerical error and thereby recreate your champion, I'll refer you to a handy resource to which you can compare your numbers.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...f_Legends_Wiki

PS: A 3 second AoE stun is super crazy ridiculous OP no matter how you balance it. ;D The longest stun in the game is a single target stun at 3.5 Seconds. That's Ashe's ult and is only that high because of the distance required to get it that high.

To return the review please visit:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...f_Legends_Wiki

Fuyuto

08-26-2012

Thanks for the reviews
I did think of the numbers on the spot and didn't really think about the stun time
Um... you said to return the review ... I don't think you copied the right link for that lol
I will think of changing the numbers.
Also I am still thinking about making the ultimate apply all three, but yeah, the damage is meant to be really high, but with a long cool down.
I kind of wish to keep all of the AOE though ...

Sonic Nova

08-26-2012

I just skimmed the abilities, it's actually quite interesting, a definitely a concept that should make it into LoL. I'm starting to really love champions with dual abilities (or abilities that play off of each other). Very nice, it still needs work though. If you're up for returning the favor, I have a champ idea I need critiquing on, Donovan - "The Ultimate Shield". I wish you the best of luck!

Fuyuto

08-26-2012

If you wish for me to leave some critique on your idea, PLEASE LEAVE A LINK!
I like the idea of reviewing each others work, however, I do not like having to search all over to help review someone's work.
Also thanks for the review.

SephirothWontDie

08-26-2012

sounds pretty cool, but the radius on things needs to be increased. 100 radius is melee range, so just base it off of that. good luck.

Bog Gobin

Recruiter

08-27-2012

I tried redoing my first champion and got severely trolled. It was a necessary change. Surprisingly they trolled a preexisting ability and said he had "no role". His role was early game harass with his Q > Dealing damage to an entire enemy team in a team fight. He had an ult which granted him a little extra firepower. I made his other two abilities evasive abilities. I eventually dropped one of them and gave him another attack. Good luck on him and try not to be trolled
My Review
-------------------------------------------
Ability 1: This seems pretty useful to have and it would be good for minion farming.
Bonus effects: This is fine. a half second is two small of a time for the average player.
The reduced range and reduce damage amount makes this balanced. You don't need to have the extra damage to allies

Ability 2: The cool down is a little low for a cc and you don't need to scale the radius.
Bonus effects: This is fine
This is iffy at lower levels

Ability 3: Another ability that deals a bonus effect.
Bonus effect: It says that they take 1.2x damage and 30% damage. I don't understand what you mean because both imply that he takes damage. I am assuming that the 30% damage is a defensive debuff. If it is, you should say extra damage from other abilities and include the time of the dubuff.
A silence and a disable would be weird.

Ult: this interesting but Op.
Problem one: his range at level 1 is 1000 with 700 aoe. This means.that he will have 700 distance. between him and the edge which is pretty weird proportionally. His aoe range should be a lot smaller than his range. If you buffed his range, and dropped his aoe a little I wouldn't have this disagreement.
Problem two: Cool downs are two high for an ult.
Problem three: mana scaling seems wierd.

He should be fine if you edit those.

Overall I like this champion. His AoE cc and damage output make him questionable op and his ult is weird. Thanks for your review and I like your champion.