Hi there. I'm Kades.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

over9xx1000

08-28-2012

hi nice to meet u

Kades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

08-29-2012
123 of 145 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug The Sorcerer View Post
Is there any way Australians will ever get under 170 ping?
I'm still looking into this, Pug. This is not on the 'back-burner', I've exchanged multiple e-mails in the past 24 hours over Australia. My hope is that either I or someone with more knowledge of our plans will respond to you soon.

Kades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

08-29-2012
124 of 145 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21213232 View Post
kades, you said you will play a game with me.

what happened?
I'd love to play a game with anyone- I try and stay late on Thursdays to do "Riot vs. Community". That might be our best route to get a game in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaboStyle View Post
Hi kadies <3
Hi BaboStylies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fingerJIM View Post
Are there any unconventional builds you like on a champion?
Definitely. My main is Tankraka. I get 40% CDR with Runes, Masteries, and Frozen Heart. It's very fun and a surprising amount of damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Gratz on being nearly up to date ^^.

While navigating on the forum I saw an interesting idea.
Basically, I think it would be very nice to be able to "watch" or "follow" a thread... What I mean by it is that you would basically register to a thread and every time someone posts in it, you get an alert in your profile. A good example of this would be this forum. While I do understand that the message flow for forum games or GD is way too high for this to be any useful, I think that in slower subforums like the Fan creations one, the feedbacks or bug reports (even maybe the NPF) it would be very handy.
Also, I get the fact that it isn't you who work on the forum, but I really don't have the slightest clue about how to contact RiotRomulus... every single time I saw him post it was in threads named "test" with 1 or 2 "test" post in it and they were closed right away... otherwise, I don't know of any other Forum Reds (I saw 1 other once... iirc it was Ophelia... with an ire pic...). Oh! and while you're at it, you might want to suggest him to add a "website feedback" or "misc. feedback" subforum to go with the PVP.NET an game feedback...

As for Narnia/Golden Compass, I'm glad to hear you've read one and already own the other... I would honestly suggest you not to watch the movie... If you watch it before reading you'll be terribly confused (since both tells opposite stories... they weren't really aimed at the same age...) and if you watch it after, you'll be terribly disappointed (pretty much for the same reason :P). I really believe that GC is the closest thing to an children fantasy book aimed at adults I've ever read...
Good suggestions, ploki122. I'll forward this feedback on to our web team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizzadDeBz View Post
To be fair, she isn't that op. It is still possible to shut her down. Although in my experience that involves junglers camping me all day mid or quadra ganks mid within the first five minutes

For my question: How OP do you think she is currently? Do the nerfs correctly address her current strengths to bring her into a balanced place? In my opinion her biggest kit advantage is the cooldown on the ult. Is the minor addition of a few seconds on there going to make much of a difference as far as choices?

Thanks for talking with the community Kades, great to see developers who love their game and want to see others love it just as much!
Diana is a really fun kit- but difficult to balance due to her 'levers' (the numbers we would tweak) being in some unique spots. I think these new nerfs will help, but it's going to be a 'wait-and-see' approach. We'll closely monitor her and make more adjustments as needed.

TheWaveWizard

08-29-2012

Kades, I hope you know we really appreciate you interaction, and willing to answer questions for us. Effing awesome.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Gratz on being nearly up to date ^^.

While navigating on the forum I saw an interesting idea.
Basically, I think it would be very nice to be able to "watch" or "follow" a thread... What I mean by it is that you would basically register to a thread and every time someone posts in it, you get an alert in your profile. A good example of this would be this forum. While I do understand that the message flow for forum games or GD is way too high for this to be any useful, I think that in slower subforums like the Fan creations one, the feedbacks or bug reports (even maybe the NPF) it would be very handy.
Honestly, it's not really an issue in the slower forums, because you can keep up with them without too much of an issue. The trouble is when you try to follow a thread that's in a fast moving forum like GD, as you can never tell whether or not there was a recent post just by looking at the first page (or six). Another issue that pops up is if you try to follow threads in various forums, and this will come into play a lot more if they ever get around to enforcing relevant posting (no more fan art or troll posts in GD). Honestly though, I don't think 'General Discussion' should be a sub forum, it should be a section. The fact that it has such a broad topic is why 'everything fits.'

What I would like to see along this line, is a list of the threads you're following. For each thread, it would show how many posts were posted since you last visited that thread, as well as how many red posts. Clicking either of these numbers would go to the most recent post of the respective type.

Right now it's really hard to keep up with various threads without bookmarking them, and even then you need to constantly change the bookmark unless you want to keep track of where you left off in another fashion.

Sarusta

Adjudicator

08-29-2012

Hiya. You may be my new favorite Rioter for posting into an AP Ezreal thread. =D

Ding an Sich

08-29-2012

What do you think of pet champions?

Swampert

08-29-2012

Hi! How do you think Fizz is right now balance-wise? And will he ever see changes to improve his jungling (main problem is clear speed after his W's base damage got nerfed way back when)?

Also, since you said you like using out of the ordinary builds, have you tried AP Eve mid yet?

And, totally unrelated, but were you around when this happened? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2138684
If not it seems like something you'd think was awesome.

Mid Soraka

08-29-2012

About how many people work as QA in Santa Monica office? 50? 100?
Also what was the interview process like at Riot for you?

e Zebra

08-29-2012

Are you and the team gonna work on tweaking/buffing Rengar? If you hadn't noticed, his jungle, ganking, and overall use is mediocre compared to other champs.