Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hi there. I'm Kades.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mista Jangles

08-17-2012

Quote:
iN Ctrl:
ITT: Well known Plat players give congratz to a player they normally play with in high elo games and remember because he was so extremely nice and positive.

some of that love should be filtered down to lower elos.

fireworkmuffins

08-17-2012

Kades, what was your initial reaction when you found out you got the job at riot?

RiotShantzilla

Associate eSports Manager

08-17-2012

Alright, Kay-deez, it's on now. Just because you can't let go of the tuna thing doesn't give you the right to cover my desk in blueberry jam!

fireworkmuffins

08-17-2012

Quote:
RiotShantzilla:
Alright, Kay-deez, it's on now. Just because you can't let go of the tuna thing doesn't give you the right to cover my desk in blueberry jam!

Oooooooo watcha gonna do?

Kenshin13850

08-17-2012

Quote:
RiotShantzilla:

I am astounded you would even think Kades capable of such a horrendous act!

Bastilean

08-17-2012

Quote:
Kades:
Hi there,

I'm Kades.

I pronounce it with one syllable: "Kayds".

In that same vein, I'm not particularly good at League of Legends, but I enjoy that, too. Or maybe more accurately, it's easy for me to look around at my betters and think "wow, I'm terrible at this game". And then smile about it. There's always someone better.

I love reading fantasy.

I work with an intimidating amount of very, very smart people. It's like that old poker saying, "If you look around the table and can't spot the sucker- you're probably it." I'll often think of that when I'm sitting in some of my meetings. Sometimes over and over again in the same meeting.

Good job sucking up. Also, have you read Deeds of Paxanarian by Elizabeth Moon? Have you read The Hero and the Crown? Have you read The Vorkosigan Saga by McMaster Bujold? If not, that's my recommended homework for you, because I think you will enjoy them. Even if they won't make you a better player or analyst for that matter you will benefit from a jedi mini-coloriants count increase of ten fold. Prove to me I am wrong.

Also, I am glad the Jitterbug thing worked for you. It didn't for me, but you never know how that sort of thing will happen. I have my fingers crossed for a girl I just met on a plane. She is super cute and has a great smile that felt like it was just for me. Anyway...

Congrats and thanks for the introduction.

Bast

PS. See what you can do about getting the Rioter buttons reposted and maybe even improved. I always ask for a lot but don't gripe too much if I only get a little. Consider it a challenge of great merit and value to your fellow man.

PSS. As far as jams go, I recommend giving him the raspberry next time. Food for thought.

Assyrianlegend

08-17-2012

Quote:
Kades:
Sure thing- though, I haven't had time to play as many live games as I used to.

I'm always looking for someone to carry me to greatness...!

shweet, i am online all day just inv me ! :P

Shearchaos

08-17-2012

"I love reading fantasy"

Wheel of Time fan? If so, you will become my new favorite red instantly.

Zenov

08-17-2012

Quote:
RiotShantzilla:

One of my all-time favourites is the cardboard office prank. Replacing someone's entire office/cubicle with cardboard replicas. It's genius.

Kades

Recruiter

08-17-2012

Quote:
Sincest:
Why doesn't the forums mark this thread as having a red post?

That's a good question. I'll check into it.

In the meantime, I think that means this is an ultra-hip spot to talk to a Rioter. Before the craze of the "Dev Tracker" feature kicks in...!