2x phantom dancer op

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

axesandspears

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealNinje View Post
I never understood why they cranked up the attack speed and critical chance of Phantom Dancer while they were simultaneously reducing the cost...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP616 View Post
I believe that they reduced the price when they removed the 20% dodge chance from it.
And of course, the item is just under 100% cost-efficiency on the stats (excluding % movement) now, so the gold that was removed from the total cost was arguably the value of that dodge.

As for the main topic, Xypherous made it clear that Riot is going to look into changing Phantom Dancers for the next season. The item itself will probably remain as a stat-stick, but the movespeed will be moved onto a weaker item. Cloak and Dagger is a good bet considering that it is a smaller utility-version of the same item.

How this will affect Zeal and Trinity Force is unclear. If the build paths are not changed, Zeal can be expected to lose its movement speed and the state of Trinity Force will be left up to Riot. There is no reason to change the speed on Trinity Force, so one could expect the movespeed to remain on the final item, even if it is removed from Zeal.

IonDragonX

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
When he talked about this, he mentioned moving the movespeed (seewhatIdidthere) from PD to Cloak and Dagger, which already has Tenacity. This would make it a much much much stronger utility item for a Ranged AD than PD could ever be.
It would be cool to see all of the Tenacity items get a MS stat boost. It makes logical sense to me because the freedom from an outside force that is trying to slow/stop you is applicable to natural inertia. Hence Tenacity = speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
How this will affect Zeal and Trinity Force is unclear. If the build paths are not changed, Zeal can be expected to lose its movement speed and the state of Trinity Force will be left up to Riot. There is no reason to change the speed on Trinity Force, so one could expect the movespeed to remain on the final item, even if it is removed from Zeal.
My prediction is the Zeal will lose the MS and the Trinity Force will be reduced to the same +7% that the Lich Bane has. Both of those items have the Sheen in common, so I would like to see the Sheen get a small MS buff (+4%). (I don't predict it tho)

TheRobot99

08-17-2012

Merc Treads are the most expensive shoes in the game. Some extra movement speed there would be nice especially when a tank has to lead the team. It's easier to lead when everyone is about your speed.

Irelia Bot

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRobot99 View Post
Merc Treads are the most expensive shoes in the game. Some extra movement speed there would be nice especially when a tank has to lead the team. It's easier to lead when everyone is about your speed.
They cost the most because they offer something that is really good.

If the were to make ninja tabi have 35 tenacity then ninja tabi would likely go up in price by 300+ gold.

Irelia Bot

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
It would be cool to see all of the Tenacity items get a MS stat boost. It makes logical sense to me because the freedom from an outside force that is trying to slow/stop you is applicable to natural inertia. Hence Tenacity = speed.

My prediction is the Zeal will lose the MS and the Trinity Force will be reduced to the same +7% that the Lich Bane has. Both of those items have the Sheen in common, so I would like to see the Sheen get a small MS buff (+4%). (I don't predict it tho)
THat is a thought 4 or 5% movement speed on sheen would be a good stat boost for it. and would likely make it so that just stacking one item for more movement speed is a thing of the past. (aka yi with boots of mobility and 5 zeals would likely not happen anymore.)

axesandspears

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post

Most of the champions who use Trinity Force actually need more movespeed, so it is likely to stay at 12%.

Liche Bane has 7% because mages generally do not need as much movespeed as other classes. Most have some form of cc or generally longer-ranged spells than their auto-attacks, and nature of abilities is such that mages can often hit and run at lower risk to themselves.

Moving movespeed to Sheen makes sense considering its build paths, but Sheen is honestly good enough without that so there is no harm in making champions wait for the movespeed.

Irelia Bot

08-17-2012

Well the only issue I can see is having 3 items with no movement speed building into something that has 12%.

If it was only say 5% on sheen it wouldn't be that overwhelming given that it would take a 375MS and make it 394 but it would make sense given that both items that sheen builds into have MS.

Morbidanimosity

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP616 View Post
I believe that they reduced the price when they removed the 20% dodge chance from it.
it used to have 20% dodge chance?
im glad i wasnt around for that cause dear god that sounds insane o_o

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbidanimosity View Post
it used to have 20% dodge chance?
im glad i wasnt around for that cause dear god that sounds insane o_o
Even multiplicative, Jax would normally get 2 of them (hell, YI would get 2) and hit 54% dodge (36% in Yi's case, unless he got Tabi and went for 44%). Sword of the Divine was pretty mandatory then.

Trollolz42

08-17-2012

You think 2 are OP?
Just stack 5 of them on Gangplank, and give him an Infinity Edge.
Basically game over there.
Especially if his runes are critical chance, movement speed, and damage.

I kind of wish I started playing during Dodge era. That would have been so fun, Playing Sion, full dodge runes, dodge items, and lots of health tank stuff. Also gg right there.