2x phantom dancer op

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UIVandal

08-16-2012

im curious what other people think on this subject but i believe that you should not be able to double stack phantom dancer. I just played against a vayne who did it and as leona my health was gone before I couldnt even get near her. On a champ such as vayne it is a build that you just cant do anything against your going to get destroyed.

Irelia Bot

08-16-2012

Just an FYI.

I have heard that soon after season 2 they will be either reworking or completely removing PD. I don't know all the details bit it is just something I have heard.

Icezix

08-16-2012

That's pretty much how the ranged adc is supposed to work. Especially Vayne as she has around the highest late game DPS.

Certified

08-16-2012

Vayne is better off with IE + 2 PDs...
Corki is better off with IE + 2 PDs...
Kog'Maw is better off with IE + 2 PDs...

Everyone else is better off with IE + PD + LW

Irelia Bot

08-17-2012

As best as I can tell they want to change or remove PD because it is just to good to provide any reason to get say a wit's end or ionic spark on AD carries due a lack of MS and crit chance on those items.

IT is not that they are bad items (just ask most any Irelia player who has to face an AP top) but that they have less to offer for AD carries who are all about the damage instead of defense stats like MR or health.

This is in part speculation given that if they just make PD have say the crit chance and/or MS unique most AD carries would replace the second one with Triforce.

Certified

08-17-2012

I believe they're reducing the utility of PD (AKA the MS) because PD has too many stats on it and synergizes so well with IE... It's pretty much core...
I don't think they'll change the Crit/AS of PD much, it will still be your best effective DPS upgrade AFTER IE... Except, you won't have as much utility as before

UIVandal

08-17-2012

thanks for the input guys. I do understand that is the purpose of an ad carry but I think its a little ridiculous how an ad carry can double stack pd and its basically gg.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified View Post
Except, you won't have as much utility as before
This is the point exactly.

IE is the best item for "maximum damage" and for "maximum utility". Because it provides the "maximum" for 2 different stats for the same class, it needs to be nerfed/reworked.

When he talked about this, he mentioned moving the movespeed (seewhatIdidthere) from PD to Cloak and Daggar, which already has Tenacity. This would make it a much much much stronger utility item for a Ranged AD than PD could ever be.

TealNinje

08-17-2012

I never understood why they cranked up the attack speed and critical chance of Phantom Dancer while they were simultaneously reducing the cost...

Irelia Bot

08-17-2012

I believe that they reduced the price when they removed the 20% dodge chance from it.

12345 ... 6