Jungler 7 15.22%
Assasin 0 0%
Support 1 2.17%
AD Carry 6 13.04%
Tank/Initiator 7 15.22%
All roles provide necessary jobs for the team. 19 41.30%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

most important role?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Davian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

I just played a game where an ashe said the ad carry was the most important role and that the other roles aren't nearly as important as the ad carry.
I see that the ad carry provides an important role to LoL and are vital to the team comp, but I don't believe that any role is more important than the other.
What does the public think?
What's the most important role, if any, in LoL based on role and job they serve the team?

Note:
NOT based on the skill of the player filling that role.

I think i included all the roles, let me know if i missed any.

Edit: if you leave a vote, can you leave a reply as to why you chose that role.

type1Rush

08-16-2012

Most Important role is Jungler..

But that might be bias because i play Jungler, so i couldnt honestly tell you an unbiased opinion.

CmdrC00kie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

In this meta, I'd say its a pretty solid balance of importance. If anyone starts to fall behind, it seems to usually ripple out unless the team makes up for it.

Freakinferal

08-16-2012

I would say Jungler, simply because if allowed, they can effectively check on enemy jungles, buffs, dragon, and if they ward, they can keep sight on enemy movement through either jungle or watch for ganks.

Davian

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4set View Post
Most Important role is Jungler..

But that might be bias because i play Jungler, so i couldnt honestly tell you an unbiased decision.
i feel that the jungle is pretty important, but without good laning roles the jungler wouldn't be too effective

Cherubrad

08-16-2012

The tank / initiator.

Sure the jungler plays an important role during the laning phase, that is they force stagnation for fear of being ganked... but once the team fights start... how you engage can easily determine which team wins.

Ploomstar

08-16-2012

Tank/Initiator.

You can be 50/0 full item Vayne/Graves but you can not team fight unless someone on your team initiates and a tank is there to peel for you.

External

08-16-2012

Top lane by far, at least with my experience.

1. I win my lane, and I'm being EXTREMELY aggressive.
2. I suppose the enemy top laner complains to the enemy jungler or mid lane about me being extremely aggressive and wants a gank.
3. My favorite top is by far Riven, who can escape from ganks quite easily or if I'm far enough ahead, I can 1v2. I also do the basics: ward my lane, and can go maybe tower dive when I see the mid and jungler away from the top lane. Usually after I get 1 kill on Riven, the enemy gets scared and will hug tower.
4. Once I get bored with top because he will be tower hugging or will be worth nothing, I can help my team get a dragon or two if they haven't already, gank mid, push the top lane even harder (to second tower), and/or counter jungle red or blue.
5. Because I'm always winning top, of course all the ganks are going to come to me, and I'll just tell my jungler to focus on bot and get the dragons and get our AD carry fed. Btw, I rarely ask for ganks top, which makes it so much easier on the other lanes.

Davian

08-16-2012

I'm not seeing a lot of love for the support, what about that raka who's healing the carries, or the taric setting up the kill with his stun?

AdmiralWin

08-16-2012

I feel like people have different roles at different times.

Early game, it's definitely the jungler. Snowballs lanes, Shut down enemy junglers. Steals and gives buffs. Wards. Ganks and counter-ganks.

Mid game, first few team fights, it the tank/AP. Need goo iniciation and then the AP can effectively burst to win fights.

Late game obviously the Support and AD carry. AD carry, well, carries. Support carries the AD carry.

That being said, win lane, win game. Jungler starts the whole snowball process, with a littler help from all the lanes