How to build Lee Sin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enygm4

08-16-2012

I've tried AD, TANK, OFF TANK, AD-TANK lol
I can't build him correctly and idk which runes and masteries I could use.

Preggonaut

08-16-2012

Which role are you playing? Top or Jungle?

Enygm4

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preggonaut View Post
Which role are you playing? Top or Jungle?
Both, I mean most of the times jungle but sometimes lane too

Kemos

08-17-2012

I played top with lee sin once, tried sine he's free, and I also tried him in 3v3's and I just didn't do any damage at all.

I Love Slurpees

08-17-2012

This is what a typical jungle build as lee sin looks for me; Remember to buy doran's blades if you have like 500 gold just sitting there

Merc TreadsWriggles/Wits End/Phage/HoG

End game should be something like this. Save your Wriggles as the last item to sell, it's a free flash every 3 mins

Merc Treads/Bthirster/Frallet/Randuins/Maw of Malwhateveritscalleditis/Open item for whatever enemy team's main damage source is, if its ap go with a wits end or FoN if its ad go with an atma's impaler

E-Q-W-W-E-R

Flat Armor Pen Reds
Flat Armor Seals
Flat MR Glyphs
Flat Armor Pen Quints

Really cheap runes with lots of reward for early ganks

Enygm4

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuck Yhu View Post
This is what a typical jungle build as lee sin looks for me; Remember to buy doran's blades if you have like 500 gold just sitting there

Merc TreadsWriggles/Wits End/Phage/HoG

End game should be something like this. Save your Wriggles as the last item to sell, it's a free flash every 3 mins

Merc Treads/Bthirster/Frallet/Randuins/Maw of Malwhateveritscalleditis/Open item for whatever enemy team's main damage source is, if its ap go with a wits end or FoN if its ad go with an atma's impaler

E-Q-W-W-E-R

Flat Armor Pen Reds
Flat Armor Seals
Flat MR Glyphs
Flat Armor Pen Quints

Really cheap runes with lots of reward for early ganks
Nice guide I like it, but Trinity Force is good? I mean Lee has a lot of skills and with a TF he can do so much damage, if that item is good how is the final build, because I don't know which item can be remplaced.

Naju

08-17-2012

No Don't get tri force. Tri force is worth 4k gold. You could get a BT and a giants belt for that money.

Ah and building him. Well, when jungling i usually just go Wriggles/ Dorans Blade(s) -> Phage -> Hexdrinker -> (Finish whichever boots in between somewhere) Then if they have fed AD Randuins/Mallet, if fed AP then FoN/Banshees or just finish hexdrinker into maw. If getting fed you can grab a BT.
Most times grabbing Wriggles delays your final build, most veteran Lee Sin players don't even grab this item anymore because he has enough sustain and speed clear time to skip it, however if you do decide to skip it then ALWAYS keep wards with you to ward jump around with (you should be helping your support ward anyways).
-------- Don;t ever grab atmas unless you build a warmogs.
End game build should be something like (Not in order) - (1) Merc Treads/Tabi (2) Randuins (3)Fon / Banshees (4) Mallet / Mogs (5) Blood Thirster / Atmas (6) Guardian Angel / Maw of Malmortius . (If you build mogs and BT then you could take Atmas, but if the game lasts very long, grabbing GA is optimal).
Keep in mind VERY RARELY will you reach a final build.

Also when jungling you would want to max your Q first for that mini nuke. Then W for the shield/sustain.

Runes/Masteries.
For runes usually you would go a full AD quints/marks, armor yellows and MR glyphs. I use full AD marks 1 AD quint and 2 Arm pen Quints. Doesn't really make much of a difference though.

I go 21/9/0 for masteries. I've seen a lot of people also use 19/11/0. When going against someone you expect to have a farm lane against when you want to top lane, you can go 9/21/0.

I Love Slurpees

08-17-2012

TF is not worth it on Lee. I know that he will proc it like every second but in the middle of the battle you will forget about proc'ing it every time. Just get last whisper or a Bthirster if you want to do more damage

ChaoticDeath73

08-18-2012

merc treads and wriggles always. bloodthirster warmogs most of the time. guardian angel maybe. and get maybe phantom dancer or sumthing

Ohasis

08-18-2012

I like to think Lee's role is to help control teamfights. He can save allies with W, latch onto the enemy adc with W/E and can use R to help position a high priority target, or to save an ally from death, or even push off an enemy teamfight initation.

To do this, I always feel its good to build Lee bulky so that he can stick around for longer in a teamfight. Early game should always include a wriggles, merc treads and a phage. whether you want to HoG/wits end is up to you, but i personally build the following order (for jungling).

Cloth+Potsx5 > Wriggles > Boots > Mercs > Mallet > Atmas > Warmog > FoN > Bloodthirster.

You won't do a particularly astounding amount of damage late game, but if you jungling Lee properly in the early game and got your carries the kills, you won't need to.