Please Stay Out of the Jungle If You Can't...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

09-14-2010

1) Take Golem at level 1.
2) Take your entire side's camps before B'ing for the first time
3) Take Dragon at level 6 at the latest
4) Operate Wards
5) Recognize when lanes need ganking/you to hold them for a minute
6) Know when to stop jungling
7) Conceive of letting someone else take "your" buffs after the first couple of times

You'd think this stuff would be obvious, but it's amazing how many times I have seen players (even in ranked games) trying to jungle without being able to do ANY of these things. It's very frustrating, particularly as I have been playing Jungle Amumu lately, and several times have been forced into not taking it by someone else picking a champ with Smite and thinking that makes them a jungler (the fact that pregame chat has been down a lot lately doesn't help this).

I've had a game where the enemy team had a jungle Amumu as well, so we went to take his Golem, assuming that the jungler on our team would do the same to ours. We take theirs without a hitch, but come back to find that our Jungler started on one of the small camps and allowed their jungler to take our Golem. As soon as Golems respawned, we grabbed theirs again and told him to be sure to grab ours... again nothing, their Amumu gets our Golem, and our jungler is now only as leveled as a sidelane while theirs is solo level.

It's not that hard guys. With ASpd Marks, Armor Seals, and HP Quints along with a Cloth Armor/5 HP potion Start, Smite, and a 1/16/13 Mastery Setup, pretty much anyone can take Golem at level 1 and continue to take the rest of the camps without B'ing. If you can't do this, please stay the hell out of the jungle. You picking someone with smite is keeping a real jungler from actually benefiting the team.

Yes, I'm rather mad about this.

erimon

09-14-2010

You seem to make the assumption that a good jungler can keep up with a solo laner in terms of experience. I don't really think this is true at all but maybe my jungling needs to get better. :-/

Boreall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

I'd ask if you were mad, but i read another post by you earlier today. It was completely, and totally outragous, not even worth reading.

So i'm just going to laugh this one off, even though *Most* of the points you made are accurate.

Enjoy being bad, sir.

Brees

09-14-2010

lolz if you cant play a jungler without golem then hf in high ranked games, cuz you aint gonna take golem at lvl 1. L2p amumu jungle without golem. (although he gets banned every game)

Aniline

09-14-2010

All those are great things a jungler should be doing. I love when I see a good jungler that can do all that.

We had a really nice one last night that helped gank the top lane (they didn't have a jungler so it was 1v2). Every time I'd see him killing the dragon (which was often - yay!), I'd go help (from bottom lane). He'd help hold a lane when someone needed to recall. Etc.

A good jungler is hard to find.

wildfire393

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimon View Post
You seem to make the assumption that a good jungler can keep up with a solo laner in terms of experience. I don't really think this is true at all but maybe my jungling needs to get better. :-/
A good jungler can (or at least outlevel the sidelanes). Even better than that, an early Dragon can put your whole team at a level advantage to theirs. It's a little harder if they have a jungler as well, but a nicely placed gank will get you there.

SethCypher

09-14-2010

I do believe a number of junglable champions don't start at golem first. ie) Shen and Akali do not go for Golem buff first.

xzarion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

Amumu, Nunu, Udyr,Olaf, Shaco are all capable of taking golem at lv1. I'm pretty sure Warwick can too, though I never do, I have my Jungle pattern set in my mind.

But I do have to agree that you shouldn't be Jungling unless you are sure, without a doubt, that you can. Also, the Masteries you use have a big impact on your jungling (Though Wazzabi's original 16-0-14 still does fine for me as WW).

Aniline

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
I do believe a number of junglable champions don't start at golem first. ie) Shen and Akali do not go for Golem buff first.
Aye. It's not always good to start their either if the other team knows you have a jungler (smite!) and is waiting for you there.

Sometimes it's good to have your whole team go protect your jungler in case of a jungle gank.

If you can jungle without smite, it can throw off the other team (though smite is great later on for ensuring the enemy can't steal dragon or baron).

It's also a good idea to ward lizard and golem (and possibly even theirs) so you can gank their jungler and protect your own buffs. That amumu is taking your warded golem? Nearest lane runs over and kills him and/or steals the buff.

CrimsonSkies

09-14-2010

1) Take Golem at level 1.

Wrong. Not all junglers start at Golem. Yi, for example, being one of the fastest junglers, start little golems or wraith.