Voidling Malz bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

onethreeone

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
I lol'ed

Seriously, Ad Malz goes something like this:
Tear+boots. Spam spells like mad
buy manamune
complete boots (mercs or tabi)
vs ap? buy catalyst
vs ad? buy glacial shroud
buy whichever you haven't bought
complete frozen heart
complete odyn's veil
buy last whisper, or brutalizer if they somehow haven't caught on to your build and don't have armor. (Your voidlings do in fact make use of your armor pen)
Last item is always up in the air. I've built Maw, I tried gunblade, Void staff. Really depends on the enemy team.

With this build, you're tanky as hell, your voidling deal massive damage, you can have up to 3 at a time, and you have your ult up very frequently.
The thing with AD malz is that, while you do have good AD, your attack speed is s.hit. The best thing to do in a fight is to hover around and let your voidlings do the smacking. If your enemy turns to fight them, go right ahead and attack him, and attack if your target is nearly dead, but going toe to toe with a melee is generally a bad idea.
Did great with this in a few games until I ran into Diana. Ugh. Too much range, burst, and defense (even without defensive items). Any ideas?

Melvear

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onethreeone View Post
Did great with this in a few games until I ran into Diana. Ugh. Too much range, burst, and defense (even without defensive items). Any ideas?
Diana is tanky because of her shield, and she deals large amount of aoe damage, and that's a problem for AD Malz. Since you rely on your voidlings to deal damage, anyone who can easily dispatch them (or even kill them without even trying) will be a huge problem, and you may want to swap out with someone else at that point.

I've ran into 2 AD Malz (well, one hybrid, one ad) playing as Morde, and I ate them alive. There was no way for them to ever have more than one voidling out, and they usually died before they even got their first morph.

So yeah, you can probably deal with her until you're about level 9-10, and then you'll probably need to swap with someone else. You'll have gained a fair amount of gold at that point, as well as a lot of mana in manamune so your time bot will not have been wasted.

If you're really stuck bot for the whole game (nobody wants to swap for instance), you should probably start playing very passively. Nuke the minions, stay on your side of the lane or even close to your tower, and leave it to that. Pushing the lane will most likely result in multiple deaths, so you might as well just keep the lane at a stalemate. If she dives you, combo her with your ult and hope you deal enough damage that she'll back off, and ping for help. Sucks, but sometimes there's not much you can do.

NavyGothic

08-19-2012

Don't forget that if you're in a really bad matchup, you can always swap to AP Malz. Being less dependent on your minions might work out better for some matchups, even if it means playing with the wrong runes / masteries.