Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

team has no initiate, what do?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUnburned

08-21-2012

Quote:
I was Cho'Gath and out jungler was Udyr, and because of this we had no real initiation, and so we lost because of it.

...wtf? "Initiation" and "gap closer" are not the same thing. Cho'gath IS an initiator champion. He has an AOE knockup AND an AOE silence, and he's tanky enough to get right into the middle of the enemy team. Besides Amumu, he's my favorite champ in the game to play as an Initiator. With flash, even Udyr can be an initiator if you build some defenses on him.

I think you're misunderstanding the term, "initiator." An initiator is any champion with enough crowd control and survivability to be the first person to head into a teamfight and commit to killing an opponent. Not every team needs an Amumu to win teamfights.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxLumberJackxxX

08-21-2012

Quote:
Nanuuk:
Teams with no initiator need to try to focus on warding and trying to catch the other team off guard.
r

Probably the best point made so far.
Wards in games people. Wards and buffs.