Riot - 3D Character Art by Sam Yang (cgsammu)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Toenail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Can you make a Pokemon wallpaper with non gen 1 Pokemon in it? I would totally use something like that for my background.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsammu View Post
Hmmm....for these pokemon sculpts specifically, I actually sorta just skip the concepting phase, and just dive straight into zbrush and pretty much winging it..LOL!!! It's more natural and creative this way I think =)
You do all in Z-Brush? I'm kind of fond of modeling things from single cubes in Maya.

My best (yet crappy) model of a robot that I tried to do in a megaman style but that subconsciously ended up looking like Blitzcrank (I swear it was never my intention for him to look like Blitz).

cgsammu

Character Artist

03-12-2013
41 of 56 Riot Posts

Oh sweeeeet!!! that looks awesome man!
yeahhhh I work mostly in zbrush, unless I need to do lowpoly/texturing, or hardsurface modelling..then I use 3dsmax

Zerglinator

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
You do all in Z-Brush? I'm kind of fond of modeling things from single cubes in Maya.

My best (yet crappy) model of a robot that I tried to do in a megaman style but that subconsciously ended up looking like Blitzcrank (I swear it was never my intention for him to look like Blitz).
We'll call it... Definitely Not Blitzcrank, But We Mean It This Time.

Vulking

03-12-2013

Quote:
Oh sweeeeet!!! that looks awesome man!
yeahhhh I work mostly in zbrush, unless I need to do lowpoly/texturing, or hardsurface modelling..then I use 3dsmax
Interesting,, should I invest time in learning how to use Z-Brush? I'm a wannabe artist and normally don't have too much time to do 3D but I would not deny I love to do it anyway, however if I'm not mistaken it would imply learning how to use one of those tablets to use properly.

Oh another thing, are LoL models done in old fashionable cube modeling or they are also done in Z-Brush? I mean, the latest model certainly looks more detailed than the old ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
We'll call it... Definitely Not Blitzcrank, But We Mean It This Time.
I actually called him Rob-5 (what can I said, I loved short circuit when I was a kid).

cgsammu

Character Artist

03-17-2013
42 of 56 Riot Posts

Here's this week's take on Lugia, hope you guys like it! =) Arceus will be next!
Realistic Lugia

cgsammu

Character Artist

03-17-2013
43 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
Interesting,, should I invest time in learning how to use Z-Brush? I'm a wannabe artist and normally don't have too much time to do 3D but I would not deny I love to do it anyway, however if I'm not mistaken it would imply learning how to use one of those tablets to use properly.

Oh another thing, are LoL models done in old fashionable cube modeling or they are also done in Z-Brush? I mean, the latest model certainly looks more detailed than the old ones.

I actually called him Rob-5 (what can I said, I loved short circuit when I was a kid).
ZBrush is a bit hard to learn at first, but once you get used to it, its super fun =)
We do both actually! some people prefer hand modelling it out traditionally, others like sculpting it and rebaking all the details down to texture form, so you dont have a blank canvas to start with I guess..in the end, we still have to do a polish pass and make it all painterly and stylized to fit into the game though =)

Failbot Deploy

03-17-2013

Quote:
Here's this week's take on Lugia, hope you guys like it! =) Arceus will be next!
Realistic Lugia
10/10 Do want

Crsh

03-17-2013

Quote:
Realistic Lugia
link's not working for me

Is this a joke sam?

cgsammu

Character Artist

03-25-2013
44 of 56 Riot Posts

Well here's Arceus! hope you guys enjoy this one, next week I will be doing Zekrom =)
Realistic Arceus