League causes computer to crash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Backyard Mime

08-16-2012

For the last several weeks, League has been causing my computer to randomly shut down in the middle of games. No bluescreen, no lag, no warning, just instant turnoff. This was happening about once every ten or fifteen games, but the last couple days it's more like every 2nd or 3rd game.

All my drivers are up to date, Windows 7 is fully patched, I did multiple system restores, checked for any viruses or malware, and reinstalled league once or twice. I thought at first that my computer might be overheating (its specs are way more than sufficient to run LoL so this shouldn't be the cause), but even running numerous programs at once and maxing out my CPU, the computer did not crash unless I was in a game of League. It happens whether I'm in a cool or hot room.

I make sure all other programs are closed before running League, but it doesn't change anything. Is anyone else having this problem?

Backyard Mime

08-16-2012

Anyone?

geekydude1

08-19-2012

Bump

Unashamed 11Six

09-08-2013

bump

LIKEaBOSS85

09-09-2013

I have had this happen to me before as well. Happens about one or twice a month and it only happens when I play League of Legends. Only time my computer has ever crashed in over fourteen months has been when I am playing League of Legends.

Unashamed 11Six

09-10-2013

was nvidia driver