Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ryze vs. Cassiopeia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fanaticmogg

08-16-2012

Quote:
PianiParty:
Every single one of Ryze's abilities is multi-target, he just QRWQEQ and that's huge AOE damage from ult. He just doesn't have the same AOE CC, but I never find Cass's ult to be that gamechanging since if my team is bad, I'm the only guy doing damage anyways.

Provided he has his ult up. And an AoE CC effect is pretty darn good.

PianiParty

08-16-2012

But all the AoE CC effect does, if she does land it, is give her 2 seconds of godmode. Of course if she has a good team it's game over. But if she has a good team, she'd have won anyways.

Ryze is infinity seconds of godmode, he's so tanky and heals everything back up. I think I'm missing something here, I can never get Cass to be as effective as Ryze lol.

Fanaticmogg

08-16-2012

Quote:
PianiParty:
But all the AoE CC effect does, if she does land it, is give her 2 seconds of godmode. Of course if she has a good team it's game over. But if she has a good team, she'd have won anyways.

Ryze is infinity seconds of godmode, he's so tanky and heals everything back up. I think I'm missing something here, I can never get Cass to be as effective as Ryze lol.

I don't think assuming that you're the only player on your team able to do anything is a great strategy.

PianiParty

08-16-2012

Lol that is a great point. I'm not claiming I always get bad teams, I get good teams 50% of the time. But I find that when I have a bad team, which is 50% of the time, they really can't help me even if I land good ults. So I have to assume that I'm getting a bad team and then see if I can carry, because that's the only way I can climb ELO (supposedly, I could also climb really slowly by winning my lane majority of time, but is just way too slow).

With Ryze even if I get a really bad team, I can still win pretty easily. Unless it's all-out trolls or AFKers, which doesn't happen too often.

Yuffy Kisaragi

08-16-2012

another really big thing you're missing is laning ability. ryze sucks until he gets his tear, after that he has some dmg, but no survivability or sustain. as cass, i crush my lane every time right out of the gate, just go boots/pots, followed by a revovler if you have an easy lane, 1-3 dorans rings if you dont, or they have a dangerous jungler, and follow up with a negatron cloak, maybe a chain vest, then rylai's and deathcap and thats it. There isn't a weakspot in your laning. but cass is sort of my main ap, and I've player her quite a lot. ryze, is my most played ranked champion, with a 56% win rate; but i mostly pick him often due to him countering melee ad, which i find very common in my cornor of elo hell

AlphariusRising

08-16-2012

Cass has more damage, and her ult stone cold wins teamfights.

Ryze does lots of damage and is tanky. His CC isn't as good, and he has to be closer than Cass does.

Cass can also push harder, faster, and earlier, so in roaming she can do it easier.

Jonwight

08-16-2012

I am currently on a ryze streak. He is...amazing.

FraggingBard

08-16-2012

If you mean Ryze is a great solo queue at low elo's then sure. If you think Cass can't nuke everyone at lower elo's quicker than most then you haven't played Cass enough. The only way Ryze wins here is if you're relying on Frozen Heart/RoA/Banshee's to dive a team. That's always a bad idea and will only work for your at lower elo's.

Cass is a bit more difficult to use as she isn't as tanky and her ult relies on effective positioning, but once you've mastered that then you'll destroy whole teams. Don't have to be tanky if you can stun everyone. :P

I Love Slurpees

08-17-2012

Ryze is a faceroll in the current meta
Ryze>Midlane

Manamune/Trin Force Ryze OP

Danish Vikingz

08-17-2012

Ryze can't kite like Cassio can, he has much less damage and has to be much closer to deal that damage.

Needles to say, Ryze vs Cass mid, Ryze wont ever hit his good endgame vs a good Cassio, cause she will zone him out so hard. She can farm easily at her turret, while Ryze depends on his ult to do that. Cassio will just shove the wave and roam, while Ryze looses CS under his turrets. Plus her ultimate is the sickest thing on the planet when pulled off perfectly. Can't tell you how many times I've turned a jungle gank into a double kill because of that ult. Q+W kite untill ready for that ult, then burst the biggest threat quickly and chase the other one.

Ryze and Cassio, both need to be somewhat stationary when pulling of their damage combo, and sorry friend Cassio will win that everytime.

Cassio will catch an out of position enemy with her W (from a long range) and can follow that target to their doom, with the speed boost from Q.

The only reason I would ever choose Ryze over Cassio, is if we needed an off tank because of an otherwise squishy composition. Tanky jungle and/or tanky support/top. Cassio always.