Can Nasus jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyzrathnosh

08-16-2012

So I've found, so far, that I really like jungling. I mean really. Probably too much.

My faves so far are Shyvana, Udyr and Fiora (yes, I know the last one is not a great jungler, but she's one hell of an assassin) and was wondering if our resident Anubis can jungle well. His ganking is not the best, but he can't be that terrible.. can he?

Cenerae

08-16-2012

Nasus can jungle reasonably well. His ganks aren't bad with Wither. His sustain is decent thanks to his passive. His clear speed isn't bad because of Spirit Fire.

Problem is, Nasus needs to farm his Q. In the jungle, you can't afford to muck around and wait for Q to lasthit every single minion with, as it sets you way behind in time, gold and experience.

Ultimately, you kinda need that solo lane farm advantage to be the late game monster you're supposed to be.

If you want to try it out just for funsies then it -will- work, and it will be okay. Just keep in mind you're wrecking your late game by doing it.

an actual dog

08-16-2012

There are a lot of champions that CAN jungle... but that doesn't mean they should

acosn

08-16-2012

Short answer is yes.

Long answer is that it's a sub-optimal build that is best used to bait out certain top lane picks, and while not necessarily as good as a solo top lane, still beats one where you're counter picked.

Only an idiot would complain about being spoon fed an easy top lane, and gaining a fairly idiot proof jungler. Only idiots fail to understand team comp and why some characters excel early game while others don't.